Advanced Sound GT3 Experiences, Appreciation, and Review Thread
Sep 13, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #46 of 79
Actually we don't recommend M3 cable on GT3. GT3 is using a larger spec MMCX compared to Model 3 to increase connection stability and durability.

Ah, I see. Would you by chance have the numbers for the GT3's connector sizing available? That way I can try and find something that might work a bit better. Obviously, I won't treat you giving me the numbers as a form of endorsing third-party accessory compatibility.

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #47 of 79
Ah, I see. Would you by chance have the numbers for the GT3's connector sizing available? That way I can try and find something that might work a bit better. Obviously, I won't treat you giving me the numbers as a form of endorsing third-party accessory compatibility.
We recommend 3mm MMCX male ring diameter for GT3.

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #51 of 79
I've had a pair for a couple of hours. Will put them on the measuring rig when i get back from latest biz trip (off again tomorrow).

Initial impressions - quite warm, very good mid-range, treble quite subdued (cymbal presence area is very quiet). Did a very quick side-by-side with the GT3, and suspect that the bass curves are quite similar and the real changes are in upper mids and lower treble (haven't measured yet - so will look like a real clown if I have it wrong). I "suspect" that the treble and upper mid-range has been lowered a lot, and this is what is allowing the original bass to shine.

They look really good too - same shape as original GT3, but the black looks gorgeous. Same quality cables and other accessories. 3 tuning filters. Once again red and silver quite close, but red vs black more noticeable.

I'm tending to listen louder than normal to these (drop in the upper registers maybe). Will pay around with some EQ over the week - should be fun.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #52 of 79
I have received my Superbass!

So far I've only tested it with the treble filters (to see how it sounds at its least bassy up front) and will work my through the other filters over time. While I was skeptical about some of the other filters on the standard GT3 with respect to my own personal preferences, I think that I can listen to and love each of the filters on the Superbass on a personal level. I think I agree with @Brooko, though. The treble doesn't feel very different overall, it just sounds like its been quieted down.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #54 of 79
I've had a pair for a couple of hours. Will put them on the measuring rig when i get back from latest biz trip (off again tomorrow).

Initial impressions - quite warm, very good mid-range, treble quite subdued (cymbal presence area is very quiet). Did a very quick side-by-side with the GT3, and suspect that the bass curves are quite similar and the real changes are in upper mids and lower treble (haven't measured yet - so will look like a real clown if I have it wrong). I "suspect" that the treble and upper mid-range has been lowered a lot, and this is what is allowing the original bass to shine.

They look really good too - same shape as original GT3, but the black looks gorgeous. Same quality cables and other accessories. 3 tuning filters. Once again red and silver quite close, but red vs black more noticeable.

I'm tending to listen louder than normal to these (drop in the upper registers maybe). Will pay around with some EQ over the week - should be fun.

Welcome to my world :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #55 of 79
I had the pleasure of auditioning the GT3 twice, over the two days of Canjam in Singapore. Here are some brief impressions:

1. A deep and secure seal is paramount. Otherwise, because of the sheer speed of the drivers and the amount of details it pumps out, a poor seal would result in a thin and "fizzy" sound. I found the best seal with complys and spiral dots.

2. The GT3 is neutral and bright sounding with a slight bias towards treble (regardless of the filters used). Bass is incredibly tight and fast, so its not really for those looking for a visceral rumble. Mids are open and resolving but definitely on the thin side. Lovers of lush and liquid vocals need not apply. Treble quantity is in abundance but could sound metallic and brittle without a good seal. With the treble filter and spiral dots, treble gained a bit more body and is more articulated (I believe the small indentations in the Spiral dots tips are at work here, controlling resonance that would otherwise make the treble sounds splashy).

3. Soundstage is wide but not deep, so the whole band is lined up in a row. But because of a very clean and dark background, fast and layered music didn't sound congested.

4. I would recommend these for those who enjoy classical music, acoustic guitars and string instruments in general. It also sounded great with electronic music. I am hesitant to recommend these for heavy metal (which was the main genre I tested the GT3 on), ironically, because of how fast these are. So in a track such as this:

Treble can get too hot and because of the relatively 'flat' stage, different instruments might get compressed.

5. The built quality is superb. Very well-machined chassis with good strain reliefs.

I would love to spend more time with these because I think they have the potential to be something special. I don't think I have heard anything quite as fast. Pairing these with a copper cable might give it the body it needs. Oh yes, I was running them off the iFi Audio Nano iDSD Black Label from my Galaxy S8+.

So, there you go, some thoughts on the GT3.

Thanks to Joe from Advanced who kindly shared his thoughts about what Advanced wanted to achieve with the GT3 and for patiently letting me sit through 2 audition sessions!

Thanks for the quick review. Which iems in the same price level would be your choice for heavy metal then?

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #56 of 79
Thanks for the quick review. Which iems in the same price level would be your choice for heavy metal then?

The GT3 Superbass, the... bassier variant of the GT3, is a good fit. You still get the acoustic characteristics (quick attack and decay) but with a much more suitable frequency response.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #58 of 79
It looks like not too much excitement or impressions/reviews around here...

I'm hard at work writing my review. I'm a massive fan of the Superbass and I'm making sure that my writing matches it in quality. You'll get some content soon enough!

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #59 of 79
I'm hard at work writing my review. I'm a massive fan of the Superbass and I'm making sure that my writing matches it in quality. You'll get some content soon enough!

I appreciate your efforts.

Just find it strange there's more talk about $10-$15 KZ IEM's than this model.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #60 of 79
I appreciate your efforts.

Just find it strange there's more talk about $10-$15 KZ IEM's than this model.

It's not strange at all. There are far more people who can afford to buy a $15 IEM than a $200. It follows naturally that those people will be more excited, and thus more willing to talk about, said IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back