Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Oct 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #122 of 474
Awesome! How Long did you have to wait? I have a w500 non-amorph variant on order ( been only 10 days but seems like forever jeez)

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #124 of 474
Indeed i did Mike. I tested it out at a local dealership and it seemed like there was enough bass for it so i went for the default settings. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #125 of 474
  Indeed i did Mike. I tested it out at a local dealership and it seemed like there was enough bass for it so i went for the default settings. 

That's cool. Yes there is enough quantity in lower regions, to be sure I will wait till it is burned for 100 hours; but I can say that the low frequency tonality seems quite good.  

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #126 of 474

W500 in town.. Craftsmanship is impressive.. It is time to make it burned for critical listening.. 

Nice! How are you enjoy your W500 so far?

Btw, I agree, their craftsmanship is definitely top notch. I am very impressed with its build quality - it rivals Noble in this regard.

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #127 of 474
Nice! How are you enjoy your W500 so far?

Btw, I agree, their craftsmanship is definitely top notch. I am very impressed with its build quality - it rivals Noble in this regard.

It is too early to say something about its sound, since it is still in burn in process. I will post a preview when it is done. :)

As for build quality, the fit is very good and I can say that they are one of most comfortable ciems that I have ever tried.

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #128 of 474
It is too early to say something about its sound, since it is still in burn in process. I will post a preview when it is done.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for build quality, the fit is very good and I can say that they are one of most comfortable ciems that I have ever tried.

Yep. The fit on my W500 is also spot-on. They are my most used IEMs of late, and I can wear them for more than 2 hours without feeling any discomfort whatsoever. Whatever AAW's doing, they are definitely doing it right.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #129 of 474

Yep. The fit on my W500 is also spot-on. They are my most used IEMs of late, and I can wear them for more than 2 hours without feeling any discomfort whatsoever. Whatever AAW's doing, they are definitely doing it right.

I agree with you. How about the isolation? I find it quite well for an acrylic.. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #130 of 474

I agree with you. How about the isolation? I find it quite well for an acrylic.. 

I don't have a silicon custom, so the isolation of my W500 is about the same as that of my other CIEMs. In other words, they are excellent.
smile.gif

Anyway, with all things being equal, how much better (or worse) do silicon CIEMs fare with noise isolation?

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #131 of 474

I don't have a silicon custom, so the isolation of my W500 is about the same as that of my other CIEMs. In other words, they are excellent.
smile.gif

Anyway, with all things being equal, how much better (or worse) do silicon CIEMs fare with noise isolation?

Well, silicone monitors may offer a bit better (1-2 point more) isolation in accordance with the material itself. I think that there are some another factors such as longer canal part and thickness of shell (in acrylic case)

SA43, as an acrylic, also has a very good isolation with its silicone internal and very long canal. W500 is almost on par with it in terms of isolation. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #132 of 474

Well, silicone monitors may offer a bit better (1-2 point more) isolation in accordance with the material itself. I think that there are some another factors such as longer canal part and thickness of shell (in acrylic case)

SA43, as an acrylic, also has a very good isolation with its silicone internal and very long canal. W500 is almost on par with it in terms of isolation. 

One question about silicone...Is it more prone to damage by sweat or can handle it the body fluids rather well? (compared to acryl)

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #133 of 474
It is too early to say something about its sound, since it is still in burn in process. I will post a preview when it is done.
smily_headphones1.gif

How is the burn in going on? Really looking forward to your impressions, specially compared to all the other customs you own. I have my pair coming in as well but a long time to go still unfortunately.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #134 of 474

One question about silicone...Is it more prone to damage by sweat or can handle it the body fluids rather well? (compared to acryl)

Actually, we need to keep earwax (by fair amounts..) on our silicone iems, in order to insert easily. As for prone to damage , I haven't experience an issue in accordance with sweat.. 

How is the burn in going on? Really looking forward to your impressions, specially compared to all the other customs you own. I have my pair coming in as well but a long time to go still unfortunately.

It needs more time to get completely burned, at least 30-40 hours more.. 

Of course, I will post a preview with short comparisons.. For now, I can say that W500 is some kind of thicker sounding Lear 4.2. Both seem to have different strengths.. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #135 of 474

Yeah, I agree about the canal part. My K10 has the longest canal (almost musician fit like), and offers the best isolation amongst my customs.

I'm not a huge silicone fan, but I like the semi-rigid ones used by CustomArt. Much better than the softer, spongier ones used by Spiral Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back