Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Jul 24, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #31 of 474
  So after about 8 weeks of wait, I finally have the M20's with me. Unfortunately I did not have much time to spend with it today but here are my thoughts so far - 

1. Fit: Just amazing. I was really worried as I have read countless stories of custom iems needing a refit but to my surprise, the fit turned to be just amazing. I can keep the seal regardless of yawning, chewing, or jumping around. The fit always remains snug albeit a bit tight, but I dont mind the very slight pressure at all.

2. Finish: Seems to be good but as these are my first customs I dont have a reference for comparison.

3. Isolation: It is almost jarring how much it isolates. It is significantly more than the Dunu DN1000 + comply and a very deep fit.

4. Sound: Not enough time spent to give any solid impressions but so far they sound better than the demo I tried in the store. Definitely slots above the GR07 Classic and Dunu I have been using for the last few months. More on this later.

I am more than happy with my purchase. I think for the price these are a steal.

How do you take M20 against Dunu DN1000? Did you have any chance to audit A2H-V as well?

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #32 of 474
I have currently the Final Audio Heaven V. I am very very happy with them soundwise. Unfortunately I have fit and seal issues with
them due to my very small ears and somehow strange ear canals. I therefore was thinking of giving Customs a try. However, I don't want
to spend a fortune for a first step into the CIEM field.

So came across Null-Audio and the AAWs and thought I might give a try with their A1D Single Dynamic or the A2H Hybrids.
Source is currently a Sony A17, so relatively low output power but high output impedance.
Anybody has some recommendations? Please don't tell me to right away get the 500 or 1000 Dollar models. I just want to try
CIEMs first. 

Besides, I might just pass their store next week during lunchbreak somewhen.

As I am based in Singapore I could even get the ear impressions free in their store.

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #33 of 474
i believe AAW is the only one that offers customs as low as S$300 (even less) - a bang for the buck indeed. i'm not aware of any other brand that offers such low priced customs.

if you want to support another local talent - you might also want to check this - http://www.jomoaudio.com/

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #34 of 474
  i believe AAW is the only one that offers customs as low as S$300 (even less) - a bang for the buck indeed. i'm not aware of any other brand that offers such low priced customs.

if you want to support another local talent - you might also want to check this - http://www.jomoaudio.com/

Custom Art, Cosmic Ears are the first two come to my mind.

Custom Art has the cheapest 3 BA 3 WAY ciem in the world 300 USD only.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #38 of 474
I had my tf10 reshelled by them, build quality isn't the best but good I suppose. But service was a little not so nice for me but overall was pretty good tbh.

I'm not satisfied with their sloppy response either but can you elaborate with sub par build quality you mentioned?

Thanks

Edit - I see I tottaly forgot about their 3 days break so I take my statement back. We'll see tomorrow, I'll be ordering a3h, really excited.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #40 of 474
but their premium distributor Null Audio is pretty responsive.

Well, I went down to their store last week as I wanted to check out the products. Although official opening hours, nobody was there and
no sign at the door when somebody would be back. Another guy was waiting there already for a while. I left after 15 minutes.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #41 of 474

Well, I went down to their store last week as I wanted to check out the products. Although official opening hours, nobody was there and
no sign at the door when somebody would be back. Another guy was waiting there already for a while. I left after 15 minutes.

Sorry to hear that; maybe next time.. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #42 of 474

Actually they emailed me this Saturday that they are on national holiday from 7th to 10th, so I suppose they are closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back