ADV.Sound M4
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #16 of 72

Final confirmed frequency graph for M4 is attached for your reference.  There has been minor adjustments from the initial sample batch.  We are entering production in few days for delivery in mid December.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 72
Greetings Head-Fi!

We now have our M4 in stock and available for sale at below address.  We are also looking for potential reviewers to take a crack at us.  If you are interested in being considered for a review sample, please leave a comment with your information.  Thank you.

Location (country):
Review site / youtube channel link:

http://www.adv-sound.com/product/m4/

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #18 of 72
Received my M4's today :)

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #19 of 72
I posted quite a lengthy review on the Kickstarter page, but long story short, these are fantastic. No regrets at all. Incredibly addictive sound signature that, although it lacks any bass emphasis (I find a little goes a long way), keeps me coming back for more because of its detail and ability to handle dynamics. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #23 of 72
Dropping by to keep the thread updated.  We have rebranded ourselves from ADV.SOUND to ADVANCED.  Can someone please point to how to contact Head-Fi moderators to get our "Member of the trade" name updated?  Thank you.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #24 of 72
Mmmmm...micro drivers 
tongue.gif
 The unhealthy obsession continues! I'm looking forward to this one. Thank you ADVANCED for the chance to check them out.

Sound impressions to come later today.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #25 of 72
Some quick first impressions. Obviously these are subject to change with further exposure:

- Lots of treble, but it's very tight. Not splashy at all!
- Mids are a little thin, but very clear.
- Bass is tastefully boosted. Not too much, not too little, though sub-bass seems to fall of a bit early for my preferences.

Overall they seem very crisp with treble taking the spotlight. Despite being pretty bright, they're not coming across as overly fatiguing.

Preliminary testing was with Gramatik - The Age of Reason and HTC One M8.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #28 of 72
given the price of the vyrus, this looks steep

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #29 of 72
@B9 Hopefully better in the treble which the S500 was not quite right at all. Maybe the cable too which was not great on the RHA either.

Will ADVANCED still be making these...

?????????

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #30 of 72
  @B9 Hopefully better in the treble which the S500 was not quite right at all. Maybe the cable too which was not great on the RHA either.

Will ADVANCED still be making these...

?????????

Omg....Peter...please tell me you make those. My god they are beautiful! 

@jant71 Yup, treble is improved over the S500. I found the RHA to be a bit strident and edgy, which the M4 seems to avoid despite being slightly brighter. It also makes the S500i sound splashy. The cable on the M4 is complete overkill, and it's awesome. S500i can't touch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back