Adapter for ie600 to work with the UTWS5
Jul 29, 2022 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

h1a8

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter so that I can connect my Sennheiser ie600 to the UTWS5?
Or will the ie600 work just fine with the UTWS5?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks Ill try that.
Do you think the Shure TW2 is better than the fiio utws5? I plan to use my ie600 with either.

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 11
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter so that I can connect my Sennheiser ie600 to the UTWS5?
Or will the ie600 work just fine with the UTWS5?

The Mmcx to ie900 option, but you will need the mmcx version of the Fiio UTWS5.

US $34.96 8%OFF | Super Mini MMCX/0.78MM Female To Sennheiser IE300/IE900 Headphone Conversion Pin Conversion Head Adapter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLGpHXy

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks Ill try that.
Do you think the Shure TW2 is better than the fiio utws5? I plan to use my ie600 with either.

Shure TW2 has a minimal basic EQ options that is nice to have.

Fiio UTWS5 will eventually have some basic EQ options similar to the Shure. But it's only a promise of a software update for now.

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 11
Shure TW2 has a minimal basic EQ options that is nice to have.

Fiio UTWS5 will eventually have some basic EQ options similar to the Shure. But it's only a promise of a software update for now.
I dont feel very confident that the UTWS5 will get much in the way of meaningful software features. They have been saying EQ and ambient mode would be there from day 1 and its still not. I think they gave up on ambient mode too, which I would be upset about if I bought it with the promise of that feature being there.

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #8 of 11
I dont feel very confident that the UTWS5 will get much in the way of meaningful software features. They have been saying EQ and ambient mode would be there from day 1 and its still not. I think they gave up on ambient mode too, which I would be upset about if I bought it with the promise of that feature being there.

Ambient mode is there on the UTWS5, but there is no quick toggle button press for it. Have to hit a slider on the "Fiio Control" app. But that isn't convenient as is currently implemented.

Still no EQ yet though.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 11
T
Ambient mode is there on the UTWS5, but there is no quick toggle button press for it. Have to hit a slider on the "Fiio Control" app. But that isn't convenient as is currently implemented.

Still no EQ yet though.
Thanks for the info! When did that drop? Last I checked they were having difficulty getting it to work but that was some time ago

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 11
T

Thanks for the info! When did that drop? Last I checked they were having difficulty getting it to work but that was some time ago

I am not sure when, but here is a screen shot of the slider.
Screenshot_20220729-183920_FiiO Control.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back