AD700's for gaming
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lilVaratep

Head-Fier
Very interested in the ad700's as they look very nice. However, I want something with bass that also blocks outside sound so that I can listen to trance/chillstep in free time. I also have a loud surroundings so would love to have closed back and isolation. Are the ad700's that bad for bass/isolation? I would definitely sacrifice isolation if the bass is negligible(pretty good bass) and if these are good for hearing footsteps(which I've heard they are) as well as gaming with bass. Would there be any other phones like these that have bass, or should I get these?

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Very interested in the ad700's as they look very nice. However, I want something with bass that also blocks outside sound so that I can listen to trance/chillstep in free time. I also have a loud surroundings so would love to have closed back and isolation. Are the ad700's that bad for bass/isolation? I would definitely sacrifice isolation if the bass is negligible(pretty good bass) and if these are good for hearing footsteps(which I've heard they are) as well as gaming with bass. Would there be any other phones like these that have bass, or should I get these?

I never use my ATH-AD700s anymore because of the light bass, currently my pick for a headphone for under $100 is the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) closed headphones.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-thread

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I never use my ATH-AD700s anymore because of the light bass, currently my pick for a headphone for under $100 is the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) closed headphones.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-thread

They look so unattractive to me D=. How light IS the bass? keep in mind im coming from a $5 headset from ross, as well as Altec Lansing speakers w/ subwoofer that are quite old (8 yearsish)

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
They look so unattractive to me D=. How light IS the bass? keep in mind im coming from a $5 headset from ross, as well as Altec Lansing speakers w/ subwoofer that are quite old (8 yearsish)

There are lots of $20 headphones that come with more bass then the ATH-AD700s.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 8
AD700 bass light indeed. Isolation nil. However they've always held a special place in my heart as its sound staging mezmerizes me. Unfotunately my last pair broke due to my own carelessness and I have not gotten around to picking another pair up. Not the cans for your needs I'm sorry to say.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 8
I went with the ad700's as I researched and that Open backs are better than closed backs for tinnitus (which I have - ringing in ears). Also will be playing lots of bf3 so hopefully it'll help lots. And I guess I don't really need isolation - yeah my family is hella loud, but that's usually when there's a lot of people in the room and that happens max 15 minutes a day. hopefully I can just use a bass boost to boost up the bass when needed.. I'm not a huge audiophile or anything so making my first step towards audiophile phones is a huge step no matter what(is what I feel).

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I went with the ad700's as I researched and that Open backs are better than closed backs for tinnitus (which I have - ringing in ears). Also will be playing lots of bf3 so hopefully it'll help lots. And I guess I don't really need isolation - yeah my family is hella loud, but that's usually when there's a lot of people in the room and that happens max 15 minutes a day. hopefully I can just use a bass boost to boost up the bass when needed.. I'm not a huge audiophile or anything so making my first step towards audiophile phones is a huge step no matter what(is what I feel).

When I make my first decision onto buying a gaming headphones I found this thread, may be helpful to you
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-11-12-12-sennheiser-hd650-added

btw, having a large soundstage will allow you to be more immersive into the game..... currently using a k701 for bf3

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 8
akg 701/702 are my dream goals, just because THEY LOOK SO SEXY! Will definitely need to try them out sometime due to everyone loving them. same with sennheiser 650's. Anyone know where I can try headphones in los angeles,ca? Seems to be no music stores other than guitar center...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back