AD700, need volume help, using Xonar DGX
May 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chifte

New Head-Fier
Hi all, new to the forum,

I recently purchase an Asus Xonar DGX and AD700 head phones, I am from Triton AX720s and they can damn near blow my ears out maxed. Well, I have audio but it's just not mind blowing.. I've had louder experiences with much cheaper headphones.

I'll list what I've done and what's working to see if someone can help me.

Disabled onboard audio
Installed Xonar hardware
Installed Windows 8 drivers straight from website
Made Xonar the default audio device in Windows Sound properties
Right clicking on the sound icon I can see the Xonar is at max volume
Xonar DGX audio center is up and running, but the graphical audio knob provided doesn't alter to my volume, it's at max,  yet I can play with the mixers and they alter experience.
Youtube and Spotify they are at max volume within the programs
I have my set up as Headphones/Dolby in menu

Is there any reason the graphical Xonar audio knob has no effect? I see no option which disables it, I do not have it on mute.

First pair of "real" headphones, as suggested by audio philes! Kind of disappointed.. I hope there's something I'm missing because the reviews I read for these with my sound card people implied they are ridiculously loud.

Thank you very much

May 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 2
From what I can tell, the knob doesn't do all that much. And the SVN seems to do even less.
Anyway for me, going into the "Main" menu after clicking the arrow at the bottom-right.

Right next to the "Analog Out" "Headphone" drop down,
Click the hammer-looking icon, which brings you to an 'HP Advance Setting' dialog.
Try 'Pro-gaming Mode or for 32~64ohms headsets' first, and then 'Exciter Mode or for >64ohms headsets'.

The jumps in volume are quite large so you should keep your volume on low and then see if the new setting is loud enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back