AD700 grill pad
Apr 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

killer8297

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just got these headphones today and they are pretty nice. I read that these headphones can be modded for audio improvement and the first thing I did was remove the pad inside the grill. However I couldn't tell the difference. Could someone tell me the logic behind removing the grill pad?

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 6
You were supposed to have noticed an increase in treble brightness and the middle frequencies "move forward" a bit.
Not realy an improvement if you ask me.  Try blu-tack on the backs of the drivers.  There are photos of this if you search for them.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
You were supposed to have noticed an increase in treble brightness and the middle frequencies "move forward" a bit.
Not realy an improvement if you ask me.  Try blu-tack on the backs of the drivers.  There are photos of this if you search for them.

You are prob right as these headphones already have enough treble and lack the bass. I'm not sure what blue-tack mod you're talking about, I couldn't find the post.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, a quick google search brought up this thread.  There should be a similar one here somewhere.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Dynamat Xtreme
blu-tack should be fine as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back