ad700 900 upgrade
Dec 13, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 6
I am in that position right now. I started with the AD700 and upgraded to the AD900. I still have both phones but am finding it hard to like the AD900 like I hoped I would. They sound wonderfull for mids and highs but I am really missing the lows. The funny thing is I didn't feel that way as much with the AD700. I think it's because the AD700 have more of a concert feel about them so the bass fits. Whereas the AD900 which has a more forward mid and much higher detailed treble needs a bass that matches the rest of the sound but doesn't.

I am actually waiting for a pair of Sennheiser HD600 (not sure they will the answer for me or not but I have never given a high end Senn a chance) hoping they will be more to my liking.

It's funny but another ATH product is what pushed me away from the AD900. I bought a pair of CKS70 IEM's and have been in love with their sound ever since. They have huge bass that is controlled and present, a warm midrange, and treble that is not quite as detailed as the AD900 but also is never fatiguing. I put in these IEM's and can listen for hours. They have the biggest sound stage I have ever heard in an IEM, I would say it's at least 70-80% of the AD900 which is enough to keep me from feeling I'm missing something. They reminded me of the 2 Senn's (HD600 and HD650) I had heard in the summer at a head-fi meet which is what has prompted me to try the HD600.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Perfect example of how spending more money on a set of cans doesn't necessarily mean better sound....

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 6
You can upgrade to K702.
k701smile.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can upgrade to K702.
k701smile.gif

I don't consider going from the AD700 to the K702 an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back