AD2000 and SR325i stolen from car last night
Sep 8, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #32 of 52
dang that sucks.

Are there any distinguishing characteristics about them? serial numbers or cosmetic blemishes?

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang that sucks.

Are there any distinguishing characteristics about them? serial numbers or cosmetic blemishes?

If you're asking me, ya to some extent, but I can't be bothered to try to track them down like a vigilante. I might surf around on eBay and such to see if there are any sellers who are suddenly offering several of these items, but other than that, nah. Just chalk it up as a tough lesson in life and move on.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! Everyone the AD2000's are the one's I recabled (I believe).

Pictures are available below.
http://apuresound.com/images/cables/had2000.html

If you see these headphones immediately contact Asr!

I hope together we can find your headphones!

Alex, none of the pictures on that page are loading for me. Your other pictures work fine though.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #35 of 52
Wow that was a lot of stuff Wayne, that makes my loss look like almost nothing in comparison. Man, that sucks a whole lot more to have lost that much. I feel the same way on setting a trap for the thieves to exact some revenge. Not that I would go through with it but the thought definitely crossed my mind.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang that sucks.

Was this directed at me? AFAIK the AD2000 is one of only two balanced AD2000s in existence (I think [AK]Zip did one right before mine?), and the SR325i is serial #5910. I don't know where that's printed on the headphones though, never did see it.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking about getting another laptop bag to keep inside of my truck at all times and in clear view but this time putting liquid explosives in it rather than a laptop. Either that or a happy face Pez dispenser that shoots razor blade fragments at light speed. Any other ideas?

Put one of those exploding dye packs from the bank in it.
evil_smiley.gif

I wouldn't put it in clear view, unless you don't care about paying to fix your truck again when someone jimmys is or breaks the window.

Man, Wayne, that's sucks, lots of gear to lose.

I can recommend two upgrade opportunities, though from two things in your stolen list.

Canon HG10 (Shares HV20 parts but this one is Hard Drive based)
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...view-33146.htm

HeadAmp Pico with USB (to replace the Tomahawk)

Just trying to find the way to make lemonade...

-Ed

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #37 of 52
Well, at least you guys can blame some other knucklehead. As for me, the knucklehead stares back when I look in the mirror.

I recently returned from a family vacation to Hawaii, and I left my Ety ER4P in the black box with all the accessories in the hotel room. This was my second ER4P which I got because my current one is acting up a little occasionally (cable seems to be broken near the Y connector).

I seem to be developing a bad habit of losing audio gear during family vacations.

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at least you guys can blame some other knucklehead. As for me, the knucklehead stares back when I look in the mirror.

I recently returned from a family vacation to Hawaii, and I left my Ety ER4P in the black box with all the accessories in the hotel room. This was my second ER4P which I got because my current one is acting up a little occasionally (cable seems to be broken near the Y connector).

I seem to be developing a bad habit of losing audio gear during family vacations.

Same has happened to me! In my case it is called old age.
icon10.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #39 of 52
Geez, that's bad luck for both Santa and the patron said of headphonedom. Here's to hoping that either insurance covers it or the police manage to recover something for you.

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can recommend two upgrade opportunities, though from two things in your stolen list.

Canon HG10 (Shares HV20 parts but this one is Hard Drive based)
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...view-33146.htm

HeadAmp Pico with USB (to replace the Tomahawk)

Just trying to find the way to make lemonade...

-Ed

Thanks, Ed. My Tomahawk was serial number 002, right behind your 001. That was kind of special to me since Ray is such a pal. Dang nice sounding little bugger, but I'll probably go back to the Hornet and won't sweat it. I've got several other portable amps in my stash as well. In fact, it was about time that I rotated to something else anyway, lest they gather too much dust.

As for the HV20, you've kind of got me bummed now! Upgrade?!?!? What? Just the other night I was looking (for the thiefs) on eBay and noticed that the HV20 prices have come down quite a bit so I was getting ready to replace it. But now I'm burdened with the knowledge as to why this has occurred! They've once again built a better mouse trap, so I'll have to mouse around and read up on the HG10 to see if it's a worthwhile upgrade. Urgh!!! (In a good way, I guess.)

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #41 of 52
I'm sorry to hear about your lost ASR and Wmcmanus...
frown.gif
Not only that you lost expensive and great gear but things that have sentimental value as well. I hope you're able to recover some of your lost items...

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #42 of 52
I hate thieves...ugh, man all these stories suck, sorry to hear about it. About 3 weeks ago someone tried to break into my JEEP. Like most wrangler owners though I never leave anything in it that I wouldn't want stolen so they got nothing...

The thing that bugged me the most was that if they wanted in so bad they could have just unzipped the rear or side plastic window...but no, they had to slice it open with a knife...idiots. $500 for a window should I decide to replace it. Maybe next spring, the hard top will be on in a few weeks anyway. For now I have the Red Green special on there...duct tape, at least it's the clear variety...

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #43 of 52
Why are you guys keeping such precious and expensive items in your cars?

I don't get it.

Sorry about the losses, ASR.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #44 of 52
I don't eaither, that an awfull load of money in one car protected only by a small glass window. I know i wouldn't, but then again i use the bus so i won't do it untill i got myself a car. Anyway i am really sad for you ASR, i hope you will find the thief with some help from the autorities or not.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Man, this sucks! And boy do I know how...

They got the following:

Canon 30D digital camera

That horrible, Wayne. If you're going to replace the 30D, I might be able be some some help. I spend more time thinking about camera equipment (Canon in particular) than I do about headphones.
k1000smile.gif

Do you have any/many Canon lenses besides whatever was on it at the time? Canon just announced two new DSLRs, the EOS 1Ds Mk III (21MP full frame sensor, $7000, overkill for most purposes) and the EOS-40D (10MP, APS-C, $1300) as well as the EOS 1D Mk III (10MP, 10FPS, $4500, overkill unless you're doing sports or auto racing.) All have the gee-whiz self-cleaning sensors, which is a significant improvement over older models.

What I'm waiting on is the replacement for the EOS 5D. A "prosumer" grade full frame sensor DLSR with improrved dynamic range and self-cleaning sensor. I suspect it will be out Q2 2008.

Of course, you might also decide that after taking such a loss, a digital SLR is not on your shopping list (which would make perfect sense.)

Quote:

Either that or a happy face Pez dispenser that shoots razor blade fragments at light speed.

This is one of the best images I have read in a while.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back