AD 700 or Creavtive Aurvana Live? Coming from JVC HA RX700
Jun 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

darkraiex

New Head-Fier
[size=small] I'm mainly using these headphones for gaming (cs:go) and music. I heard that the AD 700 lacks bass, but does it still have a stronger kick than the jvc? The CAL sounds like a good overall headset for gaming/music/movies but it doesn't look too comfortable. Something that I do care about is the comfort of the headphones. The JVC hurt the cartilage on my ears after 1 hour of use.[/size]

[size=small] Which one do you guys recommend?[/size]

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 5
I can't compare to the JVC since I never owned it, but I did own both the AD700 and CAL.  the AD700 has incredible soundstage, but as you mentioned, it does have very light bass.  The CAL is one of my all time favorite headphones and I definitely enjoyed it much more than I did the AD700s, and did not find them uncomfortable at all.  Both headphones can be worn comfortably for many hours.

I think the biggest thing you need to ask yourself is whether or not you need isolation and what type of music you listen to.  The AD700s are more detailed and have better mids/highs which would probably make it better for classical/jazz, while the CAL are warmer headphones and are more suited towards pop/rnb/edm.  I personally prefer the CAL though, as I really enjoyed its sound signature and found the AD700s to be one of the lightest bass of all the headphones I've owned so far (you can check my profile to see everything I've owned).

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I can't compare to the JVC since I never owned it, but I did own both the AD700 and CAL.  the AD700 has incredible soundstage, but as you mentioned, it does have very light bass.  The CAL is one of my all time favorite headphones and I definitely enjoyed it much more than I did the AD700s, and did not find them uncomfortable at all.  Both headphones can be worn comfortably for many hours.

I think the biggest thing you need to ask yourself is whether or not you need isolation and what type of music you listen to.  The AD700s are more detailed and have better mids/highs which would probably make it better for classical/jazz, while the CAL are warmer headphones and are more suited towards pop/rnb/edm.  I personally prefer the CAL though, as I really enjoyed its sound signature and found the AD700s to be one of the lightest bass of all the headphones I've owned so far (you can check my profile to see everything I've owned).

What about for gaming? Which one do you prefer?

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I guess that would depend on what type of gaming you do.  AD700's superior soundstage would probably be better for FPS games as it would help with positioning, while CAL would provide more isolation and more impactful bass would be better for explosions and such.  I played mainly RTS games, so positioning wasn't as big of a factor for me.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 5
AD700 and Creative Aurvana are completely different things here. AD700 is open and has like....no sub bass. Even if you EQ it, the bass will be distorted it has a low tolerance.

The Creative Aurvana is more similar to the ath m50(so I hear). The soundstage is better but it's closed so it can't compete with the AD700.

AD700 is better for competitive gaming, Creative Aurvana is more enjoyable for music probably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back