AD-700 Arrived!
Jul 11, 2007 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Laronzo

New Head-Fier
I just arrived home from school to find these sitting on my bed! First listen and WOW, they sound amazing, and they're not even burnt in!
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone who persuaded me that Hi-Fi Headphones rock, so glad I got these instead of the Sennheiser PC161.

Well I'm off to listen,
Laronzo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 53
Congrads!!! So whats gonna be your 2nd can?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 53
Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif
Haha, I'm going to be sticking with these for a long time.
wink.gif
It was either these or the Sennheiser HD595 and although both are great headphones the AD-700 seemed more suited to my needs.

Laronzo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 53
You'll have a grand time with those purple guys. I'm jealous.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 53
Glad to hear you're so happy with them - my pair of AD700s are in the mail!
biggrin.gif

I also had to decide between these and the HD595, and after a lot of research, I just liked the AD700s more.

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 53
Hehe Dissembled.
tongue.gif
You will not be disapointed Sine, I've only been listening for about 1 1/2 hours and already they sound great. Can't wait to hear them fully burnt in and with an X-Fi Soundcard.
biggrin.gif

Laronzo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 53
What do you think about the bass performance of the AD700? I have searched for some ad700 reviews and there are some mixed opinions. I would like to hear a more detailed identification of its sound performance from you. Especially in bass department.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #12 of 53
Thanks all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Iced - This is my first pair of headphones, so I've nothing really to compare them to. Also keep in mind that they're not fully burnt in yet.

But so far the bass has been nice. Not overpowering, but what's there is tight and has nice bit of oompf to it. So far they've been great to listen to, and should be suitable for most music genres. However, if you're a basshead you'll probably want to look elsewhere.

Laronzo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 53
Np. I imagine the source will affect it. I'm running them unamped out of an Audigy 2-ZS and the bass is pretty good. With a newer soundcard and an amplifier I'm sure you could get the bass however you wanted it. I suggest you give them a try, they've got alot going for them.

Laronzo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 53
Hi mate.

Could you possibly see how well they isolate? I know they're open headphones, but I'm considering them and I'd like to know just have much sound they let in.

When I'm watching movies with headphones, my bro is either playing music out of the computer speakers or playing Halo 2 on the Xbox. I can't hear him at all when he's doing this with my current Sennheiser's. Could you test how much sound is let in, from say, watching TV in the same room? Does it interrupt much?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back