Actual review of Beats by Dre
Nov 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #16 of 21

80% of that review is spent on looks, comfort, ability to be recognized, and maybe 2 sentences was on sound. I honestly didn't get the impression that they were decent from that review and I was quite looking forwards to that when the thread title was "Actual review of Beats by Dre."

^ Slightly misleading thread title, but cut OP some slack, he's new here.
The audiophile jargon is intimidating to use, especially when writing a review for the first time.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
80% of that review is spent on looks, comfort, ability to be recognized, and maybe 2 sentences was on sound. I honestly didn't get the impression that they were decent from that review and I was quite looking forwards to that when the thread title was "Actual review of Beats by Dre."

Right, thats beats. 80% looks and 20% Sq. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the review op, you still have a long road ahead. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #18 of 21
Good review OP, and I have to agree on how he reviewed it. The marketing team for these must have gotten their own parking spots, because they've become as much of an icon as any Apple device. I tried a pair of the Pros, and was not impressed. The bass was rich, but that's about it. I guess if you only listen to dubstep and have $550 to blow, why not 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Good review OP, and I have to agree on how he reviewed it. The marketing team for these must have gotten their own parking spots, because they've become as much of an icon as any Apple device. I tried a pair of the Pros, and was not impressed. The bass was rich, but that's about it. I guess if you only listen to dubstep and have $550 to blow, why not 
rolleyes.gif

For $550 you could get something exponentially better for "only dubstep" or other bass heavy genres. hell you could cut that price in half and still pull that off.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:

That's because it'snot about the sound.  These are for blocking out outdoor sound in loud areas with noise cancelling and bass, not for an acurate representation of whatever they might be listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back