Action against Storm Digital
Aug 24, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #196 of 311
it'd probably be best to not get your hopes up until a tracking number is provided

i'm still confident that they will ship, and i KNOW that they exist.... but i have little doubt that there will be more delays

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #197 of 311
I hope no one has ordered a pandora..
smily_headphones1.gif

How is the police investigation progressing?

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #198 of 311
FYI
from the Storm-Audio website
"The FIRST batch of Pandora DACs is shipping out,it will finish all shipping in coming week,please be patience if you still dont have Email about tracking number!"
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 28 August 2007 )

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #199 of 311
I have my tracking number (order 6/2006), maybe we are all waiting for happyend...

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #201 of 311
good news indeed. hopefully i'll get mine soon too.

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #202 of 311
While it remains to be seen what ppl actually think of their DACs when they arrive (RE sound and build quality), and what happens with follow up support etc... To those who vehemently stated Ken was a scammer who never intended to send anything, and said it with no proof other than 2nd hand information and jumping on the hysteria bandwagon, I'd just like to say:

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #203 of 311
After only 18 months, a couple of people finally got dacs. That people didn't believe it was gonna happen isn't unreasonable. Especially since a tracking number isn't the same thing as a functioning and reliable dac.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #205 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People look at things differently:

The glass is half full
The glass is half empty
The glass is dirty

Mitch

I just wanna know where the other half went...

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #206 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While it remains to be seen what ppl actually think of their DACs when they arrive (RE sound and build quality), and what happens with follow up support etc... To those who vehemently stated Ken was a scammer who never intended to send anything, and said it with no proof other than 2nd hand information and jumping on the hysteria bandwagon, I'd just like to say:

The wait time has been nothing short of completely unacceptable. What if he took 35 years to finally send the DACs? Would you make the same statements?

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #207 of 311
Technically yes @ 35 years. But of course that is too long, and THIS has been too long. Heck my interest in Head-Fi has dwindled since the time I last looked/read about this Storm etc. But delivering a product is delivering a product. I AGREE it's been too long. Wakey, wakey, I'm still waiting! I'm only restating that he's not a scammer, just out to run off with people's money. This is based on ~1.5 years chatting/interactions with him. making suggestions, talking as a friend. And all the while, I heard many and varied stories to the contrary, based on information gathered from secondary sources and hearsay. I'm aware of the reasons the DACs took so long. Reasons direct from the horses mouth. And I've said them several times. But they were all assumed to be lies. Of course, once those issues were sorted and manufacture attained some kind of 'normality', delays of more than say a month are really beyond the limits of customers' patience. So I'm REALLY curious about what ppl will think of the DACs now they are finally getting out there, but MORE importantly - how Ken will cope with any future orders. That will be the key indicator of how he carries out business from now on - now that the manufacture process is apparently 'stabilized'

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #209 of 311
So wait 7-10 working days and then look back here. Shouldn't be too hard all things considered lol

Anyway, the user who's receiving his DAC - I haven't seen any posts on his part about Storm at all, so he may not even post up when it arrives!! Who knows. Best just wait for your own tracking number. That is, if you have an outstanding order with Ken, and this actually applies to you. And I pretty much know by now who it does and doesn't apply to (I've got a list, much like Santa does... NOT, I created it to satisfy my own curiosity).

Aug 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #210 of 311
For what it's worth, some1x was given a tracking number, but checking it online shows that it is a package being shipped to the Czech Republic, so I don't really know what's going on. He lives in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back