Action against Storm Digital
Dec 15, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #77 of 311
Has anyone heard back from the police yet?

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #78 of 311
Seems like the Hong Kong police is still investigating. I guess that means that Ken is still alive and (hopefully) roaming around somewhere.

Jan 10, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #79 of 311
Tiny update: I received an email yesterday from the Senior Inspector, so the investigation is still going on.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #80 of 311
Good to hear. I hope something comes of it.

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #81 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tiny update: I received an email yesterday from the Senior Inspector, so the investigation is still going on.

I was fortunate that I hadn't sent my money but I was talking with Ken Law and was about to place my order when all this blew up.

Has there been any further development. Have they caught up with him yet?

JC

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #83 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was unfortunate, paid by paypal and no chance of recovery ....I hope this thief and liar is caught soon and spends some serious jailtime.

If you haven't sent the Hong Kong police and email, please do so. The details are in the beginning of this thread.

Feb 7, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #85 of 311
For a lark, I rang Ken on 0011 852 97797770 about 9 hours ago.

HE PICKED UP.

I was most surprised (understatement). I said who I was, mentioned the DACs, said everyone was worried about what happened to him. He sounded very rushed and troubled. He said he realised he has been bad and done a lot of wrong to us guys (sic), and asked if we could speak later on MSN. Being worried that I wouldn't get hold of him again, I quickly asked him a few questions like if him and his family were OK, to which he said "I hope so" (not sure what he meant by that... they're health is under threat? or maybe he was thinking financially...). He also said a few times "he ruined my business" before I said OK to talking to him on MSN and that I'd be online the next 5 hours and asked if that would be OK, to which he said yes (it was afternoon when I rang and they are a few hours behind us). That was about all I got out of him before the conversation ended. I stayed up until about midnight, and as I expected, he never came online. I rang him back on the same number when it would have been about 10pm there and I think I either got the off-hook or the engaged tone (I'm not sure which, as the tones are different to what I'm used to hearing here in Australia). Actually it rang a few times, then I got the tone I heard, so maybe he picked up then hung up instantly??

A few points:
1) He's obviously still alive
2) He knows what he's done
3) If the HK police/whoever are taking the complaints that have been made with any seriousness, they obviously aren't trying to do anything, or at least aren't keeping you guys in the loop, because if I can manage to contact him via the phone in the one and only attempt I've made in the past month, then THEY can find him with much more ease.

One final point: please, noone contact me directly regarding this issue, as I've stated all the facts I've got here in this thread, and the questions and possible answers a better up on this thread than in private messages (that, and I'm near my quota anyway ATM).

Ben.

Feb 8, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #86 of 311
Well then...this certainly changes things. I hope Ken is OK first and foremost (which it sounds like he could be), and second, I hope he's trying to fix this situation.

Feb 8, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #87 of 311
I spoke to ken for the last hour or so. He said he is trying to take out loans from his family to pay people back. I think he is trying to put his business back to together. He says he will start refunding people soon.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #88 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke to ken for the last hour or so. He said he is trying to take out loans from his family to pay people back. I think he is trying to put his business back to together. He says he will start refunding people soon.

This is true, I received an email from Ken a bit ago. Let's give the guy some time (I know that's going to be a tough request) to get some things sorted out. He's trying to do the right thing here, we can't fault him for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back