Action against Storm Digital
Mar 7, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #286 of 311
to hiaudio:

I was one of the people who wrote to you last night. Fair play to you for registering and coming on to post a reply here. I know this is not your fault - you have taken that product in good faith, and yes, of course, on the proviso that it sounds good.

Of course, the fact that it sounds so good, will only infuriate members here to have essentially paid for the DACs to be developed and then have received nothing. That just ain't fair.

So is there something you can do in this situation? Well, not much other than mention it to Ken and tell him to issue refunds now. And, I suppose, you need to take on board the way he treated people here and so expect that you will be treated the same way when you have warranty problems - some of the later D02 DACs were faulty right form Ken because they were rush jobs. So please be aware. We need distributors like yourselves.

So again, thanks for coming on here.

Fran

(I don't know why I'm even posting here as I didn't buy or have any involvement in the Storm issue!)

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #287 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Unsworth (HIAudio) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For any who have sent money we know the Pandora took longer to develop than intended, but then for example, Cyrus have no CD player at the moment and NuForce are late with their Icon-1, so this can affect many in this business when new products are slated for development and eventual manufacture.

We are sorry for those who have paid and still received nothing, we have asked Ken about this and he assures us goods will be sent or refunds offered, for all those of you whom this has not already happened.

Hugh, please don't waste our time with posts like this. This is not a "product delay." This fraud has been going on for more than two years. The legal statute of limitations has expired in most common law jurisdictions. Ken is not on the verge of delivering product. To insinuate otherwise is borderline dishonest on your part, particularly since this is a fraudulent preference scheme... he is preferring you as a creditor by shipping goods to you instead of his other, longstanding creditors.

That you carry this crook's products and continue to defend him is a stain on your business.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #288 of 311
Quote:

We are sorry for those who have paid and still received nothing, we have asked Ken about this and he assures us goods will be sent or refunds offered, for all those of you whom this has not already happened.

Maybe you don't realize just how long this has been going on for. Most of the people who ordered DACs from him have been waiting for their product or a refund for 2-3 YEARS. If you are entering into a business relationship with Ken Law, understand that you are dealing with a company financed with many thousands of dollars stolen from head-fi members. I don't know how you could continue to promote his products in good conscience.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #289 of 311
Just because they are British doesn't mean they are not crooked as well. They don't care who got shafted, money talks. Spend your time making HIAudio look bad and when you take money from them, and only then will you get a real answer.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #290 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you don't realize just how long this has been going on for. Most of the people who ordered DACs from him have been waiting for their product or a refund for 2-3 YEARS. If you are entering into a business relationship with Ken Law, understand that you are dealing with a company financed with many thousands of dollars stolen from head-fi members. I don't know how you could continue to promote his products in good conscience.

Excellent point.

I thought I would just check in since I haven't posted in here for a while. I sent Ken $500 back in August/September of 2006 for a DAC and never received anything from him. I was hopeful this last time around when there were pictures of the new units but in the end, nothing was ever sent out. Communication with him has been nonexistent besides a single email that I believe was sent out to everyone that he still owed a DAC to.

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #291 of 311
Quote:

As the owner and Managing Director of HIAudio, I will go as far and say HIAudio will cover all products still within the normal warranty that have been manufactured by Storm Audio, that have been sold into the UK (only) prior to us starting as Kens’ Sole UK distributor.

Well, that should cover about 2 people.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #293 of 311
Hugh, do you have Ken's business or home address? Some Head-Fiers tried to visit his place of business in Hong Kong some time ago but the info he provided turned out to be phony. It would be useful to have his business address.

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #294 of 311
I paid Mr Koon Chung Ken Law $487 usd for a storm DO2A in July 2006 ......I have since heard every excuse in the book , don't get sucked in by this con man , these are not delays ....it is theft plain and simple.

He hasn't responded to any of my emails for several months now , yet he can supply Pandora dac's to his UK distributor...........

Mar 8, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #295 of 311
dr. hugh unsworth, hm?

am i the only one finding dr. unsworth's grasp of the english language AND the posting's content a little bit... questionable?

please reread it. grammar, vocabulary, peculiar mistakes like 'know' instead of 'now'. english isn't my mother tongue - is it his? as for content: think about this 'dealer's' perspective, and the way he seems not do defend some distant business partner, but, well, himself.

leaning myself out of the proverbial window, my suspicion is:
this is ken law.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #297 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dr. hugh unsworth, hm?

am i the only one finding dr. unsworth's grasp of the english language AND the posting's content a little bit... questionable?

please reread it. grammar, vocabulary, peculiar mistakes like 'know' instead of 'now'. english isn't my mother tongue - is it his? as for content: think about this 'dealer's' perspective, and the way he seems not do defend some distant business partner, but, well, himself.

leaning myself out of the proverbial window, my suspicion is:
this is ken law.

Exactly my thoughts, I will mail and ask hi-audio.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #298 of 311
I see Ken has another distributor here. It's an Australian company, but they also have a Chinese (Hong Kong) site. The instruction manual PDF says you have to e-mail Storm Audio directly for any warranty service. Good luck with that!

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #299 of 311
This post is getting very "murky" with all sorts of insinuations and unverified claims and accusations. I, for one, know Dr. Hugh Unsworth personally and I can refute all your claims to him being dodgy. He is, unlike some here I suspect, a decent and honest man who has been for many years a distributor of well respected audio equipment such as NuForce,Graham Slee and Usher products.
He was NOT aware of this ongoing dispute with Ken Law when he took on the Storm Audio distributorship for the UK and once made aware of it by one of the Head-Fi members had the decency to respond here and try to make good any problems that UK members may be experiencing.(As a UK distributor you surely don't expect him to take on world wide responsibility for Storm Audio)
I realize that there are a number of people here who have every right to be angry and upset with Ken Law but it is totally unfair and uncalled for to place this problem at HiAudio's door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back