ACS T1 Reviews - anyone seen any good ones?
Oct 12, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If all goes to plan I shall be ordering some acs t2's in the next couple of weeks
biggrin.gif
can't wait! Just need to decide on the colour now! The reddy orange swirl or the green yellow swirl looks nice but I wouldn't mind see through to see the drivers. Will be ordering with a neutrik connector, sure the standard connector will be just as good but since I will be dropping 500 large on some customs, an extra tenner to get a more robust premium connector seems trivial.

unless you need a straight mini, else the stock L shape mini will be better for portable use. neutrik mini will stress your iem cable and the dap/amp jack. If you had some diy skills, you can always terminate them to neutrik mini later on.

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unless you need a straight mini, else the stock L shape mini will be better for portable use. neutrik mini will stress your iem cable and the dap/amp jack. If you had some diy skills, you can always terminate them to neutrik mini later on.

good point.
I'm having sorta second thoughts about this now though..I can get a Westone 3 plus ACS custom tips for £350.
Now this gives me a universal IEM with resale value, possibility that if/when my ear canals grow in the future I can just change the tips instead of shelling out for a whole new custom IEM, plus £150 in my pocket. I also found a place that will do the custom ACS tips (or the T2 of course) and allow me to listen to the Westone 3 and UM2, Shure se530 and UETF10 at the same time..whereas with the T2 I can't really get a proper listen till they are molded and done.

So what advantages will the T2 bring to the table over a universal with custom tips? (and if you say a pelican case then baahh I was thinking that too haha)

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #34 of 47
Well I've got an appointment on Friday at handheld audio in epping and they will leave me in a 'listening room' on my own with some westone 3's, um2's, senny ie8's, uetf10's and some se530's
biggrin.gif
I think universal plus custom tips is the most sensible option that way I can choose the iem with the sound signature I like best with a full demo of each (demo playlist already configured) and not have to worry which is more comfortable coz I will have tips tailor made for me. Customs would be oh so nice but I think it would be a case of 'ive got customs I'm cool' whereas a top tier iem plus custom tips will suit my needs perfectly. Oh I'm so excited..this also means I can satisfy my curiosity as to how each top tier iem sounds

Anyway sorry for diverting this topic to my own selfish needs lol..to bring this back on topic I telephoned ACS today and asked some questions about the 'T' range. They reccomend remoulding every 4 years and it costs £18.something + VAT for remoulding so about £40 all in which isn't a disaster.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #36 of 47
na customs and custom tips are completely different, it's how they position the drivers and how the sound comes together after it reaches the end of the tip.... alot of iems use similar drivers, it's the shape and design that sets them apart...

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #37 of 47
I think you are right. None of my customs (even the ones which are around 400$) sound like a 400$ universal. Sorry, they may sound similar, but they are a completely different experience. The first matter is that customs vibrate much, much better than any universal does. That makes a huge difference for perception of sound stage and bass. Bone conduction is the biggest difference. My JH13Pro is probably the best for this, but probably because the body is so very thin that it vibrates well. However, I prefer the Sensaphonics 2X-S for everyday listening because it is easier to use in any situation.

I am looking forward to reading some headfi T2 reviews other than the excellent one by milkpowder.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #38 of 47
Yea I get what you mean and its a tough choice because I doubt I will ever have £500 to spend on IEMs again but then I'm sure having a universal plus acs tips won't disappoint by a long shot.

Anyway I spoke to this lovely girl at acs yesterday ans she said she has some phones with the custom sleeves and the t2's and she much prefers the t2's, and I said oh what phones have you got and she said 'just the standard ipod buds'
Doh lol.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I get what you mean and its a tough choice because I doubt I will ever have £500 to spend on IEMs again but then I'm sure having a universal plus acs tips won't disappoint by a long shot.

Anyway I spoke to this lovely girl at acs yesterday ans she said she has some phones with the custom sleeves and the t2's and she much prefers the t2's, and I said oh what phones have you got and she said 'just the standard ipod buds'
Doh lol.

hmm like £90 custom tips on £2 ibuds

well done her

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #41 of 47
She gets them cheap remember, and the iPod buds are hands free for the phone etc.

Anyway, I have ACS custom tips for the Klipsch Image X10, and customs by FREQ, and the FREQs are far nicer. I expect these to be far far nicer.

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #42 of 47
OK, so I got them! Just picked them up from the audiologist.

I was listening to BT's "Ima" (very musical dance/trance) on my X10s so I figured "compare and contrast", and...

...well, I'll save it for the review.

Lovely though. No bass concerns WHATSOEVER in the T1s. I think I made the right choice. The seal is perfect.

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so I got them! Just picked them up from the audiologist.

I was listening to BT's "Ima" (very musical dance/trance) on my X10s so I figured "compare and contrast", and...

...well, I'll save it for the review.

Lovely though. No bass concerns WHATSOEVER in the T1s. I think I made the right choice. The seal is perfect.

glad to see another t1 lover... Enjoy...
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #44 of 47
Your descriptions (via pm) were very apt it seems.

"Emotional content" as Bruce Lee might put it. These things are tugging at my heart strings. I've got Best of The Eagles on now and I love it, but never to this extent. I got a little bubbly during the very crescendo of "Ima" at lunchtime too.

Lush and creamy indeed. And warm.

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #45 of 47
Some photos (sorry they're blurred, but they're so subtle and unobtrusive that the iPhone 3G's camera doesn't even register them as something to focus on).
smily_headphones1.gif

Note the neutrik connector (the audiologist was wrong it seems), the lack of memory wire reinforcement (I was told this was an improvement by the audiologist), and the 'stepped' shape at the top of each mould.

01.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

I'll do better ones when I eventually do a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back