ACS T1 Reviews - anyone seen any good ones?
Sep 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

royhendo

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all

First up - I've already used the search tool and thoroughly enjoyed milkpowder's amazing review of the ACS T2.

I'm hoping to get a set of ACS T1, but am also weighing up alternative options, so I'd like to do as full a set of reading as I can.

I've found these:
ACS T1
My ACS T1!!

But I'm guessing there's even better stuff on these boards, just in places where I haven't found them yet.

Anyone point me at more info on them?

Thanks in advance for your patience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Roy

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 47
Sep 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 47
Nice one mate - that's much appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

The ACS vendor is near my office here so it's a good opportunity to get the right impressions done I think. That seems to be the key whichever one you go for. I have a set of Freqs and while the right earpiece fits like a glove, the left one's not right (ho ho).

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by milford302009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the first 1-2 day there was basically no bass... much better after day 3.... good luck~~

That's interesting - a seal issue or do they need to 'burn in' to some extent?

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting - a seal issue or do they need to 'burn in' to some extent?

burn in definitely... they fitted pretty nicely from the start, i could just hear the audiologist talking to me with no music on, the audiologist fitted it for me first time.... now the bass is really well defined, not as much as the IE8s but much nicer to listen to, not as muddy (not that the IE8s are muddy, just relatively)

btw it really does nicely with iriver ihp132 > ibasso D10 w 2421/8201 >T1
much better then any other setup i've heard (IE8s E500s ER4p sf5 and D2000 through Meier Corda Aria maybe not much better then D2000 but i do prefer the T1s) tho i have to say the soundstage of the D2000s are better but not by a whole lot.... i hardly use any of my other headphones anymore, only the D2000 when i don't want something in my ears cuz the ear wax is building up

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 47
i have the sensaphonics 2x-s which takes after the soft silicon of the t1, though lacks one driver. i imagine that the construction makes the two sound quite similarly. wonderful earphones. I may be going for custom sleeves from ACS in the future for one of my earphones, but i know that isn't a t1 review!

thanks for the impressions.

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #10 of 47
I would love to hear some thoughts on the T3, at only £230 seems good for a custom..single BA though

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear some thoughts on the T3, at only £230 seems good for a custom..single BA though

i've head it's not worth the money.... people says at least T2

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #13 of 47
posted this elsewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was lucky enough to speak to Andy Sciach today, and I can't speak highly enough of the guy to be honest.

He asked me a few probing questions about my tastes and listening preferences, and after a while concluded that the T2 would be better suited to me than the T1. The reason being that the T1, being originally created as a reference 'conversational tool' for pro sound engineers, and for artists on stage, had a peculiarly performer-centric balance to them tailored to the on-stage environment. The T2, on the other hand, was made for the kinds of music I listened to, and the listening environment I used them in.

I'm left wondering whether my own previous preoccupation with the number of drivers in the monitor was a red herring. The clear message was that, with 2 drivers, the T2 is better suited and better balanced for a commercial (commuter) listening experience than the triple driver T3 is. An enlightening message.

Anyway, he seems a lovely bloke and was massively informative.

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #15 of 47
Went for fresh impressions yesterday and the lady taking them not only had the T2... she also had unusually dainty geometrically perfect ear canals!

I got to preview them. Nice quiet room, standard iPod, Pink Floyd "Breathe", then Smashing Pumpkins "Quiet". No isolation to speak of - I heard the audiologist laugh when she saw my reaction - but a quiet room and a nice facsimile of what they'll sound like.

The words I used at the time were "clean" and "crispy", and I had a smile like a little kid.

I suspect the T2s might indeed be about right for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back