ACS T1 Reviews - anyone seen any good ones?
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 47
Well, after further deliberation and cogitation, and having stopped to reconsider how important the low end is in my listening preference, I'm pulling the trigger today on th T1.

I spend a good 25 hours each week on various trains and planes, so I figure this is a necessity, not a luxury. My goal is to make that commuting time something I look forward to rather than dread, and I'm getting closer to that goal all the time.

Will do my best to post a review worthy of reading when they eventually arrive.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 47
Trigger pulled. 2 sets of closed mouth impressions taken (silicon and not performing on stage so she insisted) and the breaking news is no more Kevlar cables. Apparently the new ones are better somehow, but who really knows eh?

Regardless, in a few weeks' time I'll be entering a whole new world
of commuting bliss. Will post more when I get them.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 47
they should sound great, and if you have a good source they're simply excellent, i use it on my corda Aria at home, huge sound stage and great clarity... much better then the IE8s, mine took 6 days from impression > a hole in my wallet lol... a few weeks sounds long...

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #20 of 47
They're doing big bulk jobs for offshore firms apparently - offshore wind turbine maintenance workers by the hundred getting custom plugs done.

Thanks for that mate - I guess I might have to invest in an amp for the iPhone/iPod - what do you think?

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #22 of 47
i personally don't like ipods, i just tried it with my sis' nano, and they don't sound bad, but will definitely benefit from a good amp (around the D10 range and desktop amps), much clearer and better sound stage and better bass control... still quiet a bit better then my IE8s out of creativeX-fi
so i would go 1 step at a time and just use it straight out of ipod now... unless u have a pile of money just lying around... the thing is portable amps ain't exactly small... they're useful if you listen out of computer a fair amount of time due to the dac, otherwise your looking at the t4 or more expensive amps like pico(which are smaller) people have said with the right opamps D10 sound better then the pico...
if you get a crap amp it'll just hiss like a miniature shower

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #23 of 47
Well, if my Sensaphonics 2X-S is anything to gauge performance by (similar shell), the T2 and T1 should be excellent. The 2X-S has become my favourite custom earphone, though I realise its cable may not last that long (from the earphone to the y-split) things get iffy.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if my Sensaphonics 2X-S is anything to gauge performance by (similar shell), the T2 and T1 should be excellent. The 2X-S has become my favourite custom earphone, though I realise its cable may not last that long (from the earphone to the y-split) things get iffy.

My worries is the cable point connecting into the silicon mould and the silicon tearing. But ACS and Sensaphonics sound signature is really very special. They may not have the best of what other customs can provide, but the signature is just so seductive that others can't compare. should my pair break down and going out of warranty (in a fews months time), I'll need to send it to UM for reshell.

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #25 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My worries is the cable point connecting into the silicon mould and the silicon tearing. But ACS and Sensaphonics sound signature is really very special. They may not have the best of what other customs can provide, but the signature is just so seductive that others can't compare. should my pair break down and going out of warranty (in a fews months time), I'll need to send it to UM for reshell.

Hold on Theory87 mate, don't ACS reshell/recable for a fee, regardless of warranty? Silicon plays a big part in this.

Would UM reshell them? And if they did would it not be acrylic?

And do you still live in Scotland?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #26 of 47
If all goes to plan I shall be ordering some acs t2's in the next couple of weeks
biggrin.gif
can't wait! Just need to decide on the colour now! The reddy orange swirl or the green yellow swirl looks nice but I wouldn't mind see through to see the drivers. Will be ordering with a neutrik connector, sure the standard connector will be just as good but since I will be dropping 500 large on some customs, an extra tenner to get a more robust premium connector seems trivial.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hold on Theory87 mate, don't ACS reshell/recable for a fee, regardless of warranty? Silicon plays a big part in this.

Would UM reshell them? And if they did would it not be acrylic?

And do you still live in Scotland?
smily_headphones1.gif

I had mine rma once foc. They do reshell for a fee. However, silicon isn't as durable as acrylic. Silicon play a big role in the sound. However i a give and take situation and a gamble here.

I always live in Singapore.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If all goes to plan I shall be ordering some acs t2's in the next couple of weeks
biggrin.gif
can't wait! Just need to decide on the colour now! The reddy orange swirl or the green yellow swirl looks nice but I wouldn't mind see through to see the drivers. Will be ordering with a neutrik connector, sure the standard connector will be just as good but since I will be dropping 500 large on some customs, an extra tenner to get a more robust premium connector seems trivial.

£10 extra? I didn't get given an option. Not sure what I'll end up with.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #30 of 47
i got the normal connector, i highly doubt it'll make much of a difference, havn't broken any 'stock' looking plugs yet.. cept the cheap interconnects that came with the fiio that came off at the bending area..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back