ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Sep 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #199 of 222
  Does the T1 really have a spacier Soundstage than the UERM. Since I am located in germany, I am very interested. :)

In absolute width terms, yes, but the IERM (now that there is a PRM, I have started calling the UERM the IERM to properly differentiate) presents the midrange in a more laid back fashion, so it can give the appearance of being more spacious.  Presentation depth is similar.

The German Distributor isnt responding to my mails regarding Demo Models. Sad.

Maybe you can try to contact the main ACS in the UK and see if they can get a response from the German distributor.

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #200 of 222
Argh. Again. Right treble and left bass have cut out. I'm close to giving up, I use them daily but that's the 3rd time in about a year and a half I'll have had to return the T1 Lives. I'm not having much luck with them at all, they're crazily fragile.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #201 of 222
So strange...I beat the heck out of mine and they have no issues....Sorry for your trouble!

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #202 of 222
This is my first post but I have been reading these forums a long time and ended up here searching for discussion on ACS IEMs failing as I own a pair of T2s which I bought from NZ as I live generally in Australia. I actually ended up being sold the T2s by an audiologist (on a kickback for sure) when I went to get moulds taken for the purchase of some JH13s. The fit was / is perfect with them however they have failed twice on me now. I'll detail me experience below.

The first time they failed about 7 months after purchase (LHS driver would stop working intermittently and would generally fix after re inserting the IEM and a driver on RHS would fail rarely). I didn't follow it up as I was working abroad, had no means of a fixed address and they would generally fix themselves. Both LHS drivers eventually failed completely after about 13 months (outside warranty). So a few months later when I was in the UK I took them to ACS to get repaired (not covered by warranty which is fair enough as I bought them in NZ and they were outside of the 12 months by the time i got there). Anyways they got repaired in the UK by ACS (both LHS drivers and re cabled) relatively quickly think it was ~2 weeks turn around and only cost 66 pounds which is quite reasonable. They also said that if i had the same issue with the RHS (as i did mention I as having issues with both sides) they will repair it under warranty which is really good but I don't live in the UK.

After being repaired I have been using the T2s a lot less than I was, attempting to take really good care of them and never using them in hot environments or outside except on transport. However 13 months after being repaired I have another permanently failed driver this time on the RHS. Im not sure if I should bother trying to get them repaired again. I am living in Australia now so I would be up for postage from Australia to NZ which probably just about makes it more worth while investing in a new pair of CIEM (which offer 2 year warranties). ACS seem to have really good customer service but a lot of people seem to be having issues with drivers and connections failing potentially related to creep or accelerated fatigue due to movement with silicon??

I know this is an old thread and its a long rant but if anyone that was having issues could shed some light on how they have got on the last year it'd be great in my decision making process on whether to buy a new set of CIEMs or get these fixed. At the moment I think if i get it fixed i'll be in the same boat again in 12 months time and its starting to get quite frustrating. Although I do need to stipulate again that ACS & Pacific Ears custom service is amazing.

Anyways that's my experience with ACS / Pacific Ears IEMs to date will keep posted if i end up getting them fixed. Thanks for reading.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #203 of 222
Welcome to Head-Fi dotty43! Sorry about your wallet.....

There may be something to the silicon survivability issue. I have developed an intermittent short in my T1's high frequency BA for the left channel and will have to contact ACS to send them in. 

The silicon comfort factor is fantastic. I can wear them for long stretches and never experience fatigue. I appreciate being careful with them. Given their cost, I tend to baby them anyway.

Best of luck with your decision. Keep us informed here about what you decide to do and how it goes.

Eric

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #204 of 222
Welcome dotty43!
I have also experienced faulty driver with my T1. They have avtually been repaired twice. First it was a bad cable connection, second it was a damaged driver. Sad to say my T1 has been unused for quite some time now. (My Sennheiser ie800 sounds better.) Playing from my AK120 they sound a bit harsh, specially when playing classical symphonies. (Which I listen to a lot.) But recently I got the Chord Hugo amp/dac, and I picked up my T1 again. And WOW, they sound totally different. No harshness in complex music. They are much more detailed than before. I guess T1s are very sensitive to jitter. Anyways, I can surely recommend to use them with Hugo Chord. :D
/Eide

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #205 of 222
Welcome dotty43!
I have also experienced faulty driver with my T1. They have avtually been repaired twice. First it was a bad cable connection, second it was a damaged driver. Sad to say my T1 has been unused for quite some time now. (My Sennheiser ie800 sounds better.) Playing from my AK120 they sound a bit harsh, specially when playing classical symphonies. (Which I listen to a lot.) But recently I got the Chord Hugo amp/dac, and I picked up my T1 again. And WOW, they sound totally different. No harshness in complex music. They are much more detailed than before. I guess T1s are very sensitive to jitter. Anyways, I can surely recommend to use them with Hugo Chord. :D
/Eide

Is that true

I claimed twice errors for acs, and they made my monitors back, but i brought other ciem (jh16fp) and new fullsize
And since they returned my acs back, i never use it until now (right now is still brand new in box) hehehe

From your post, now i started to think using again my acs with my new calyx M :)
See if they match well (before, i used my acs with my ak120 and i dont like the sound also)

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #206 of 222
Can anyone suggest what is the proper cleaning/care procedures for the ACS T1?  There is a lot of talk about that here, but I'm not sure if I've seen a definitive answer.  Given the amount of trouble people are having, I suspect care is critical.  

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #207 of 222
I have not had any significant trouble. I do change out the filters occasionally when they get clogged. I have not had to clean them externally.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #208 of 222
Thanks longbowbbs.  I just got a pair of T1's myself.  Mine has green ring-shaped disks that go into the opening.  Do you know what is the purpose of replacing those?  I'm also wondering, do you use a de-humidifier?  

This thread about the T1 is very long, and the number of reported maintenance issues worries me.  I did not find this before ordering.  I want to make sure mine last, so any advice is appreciated.  For example, you mentioned that you baby yours.  How so?  Do you have a particular strategy for putting them in without pressing too hard?  (I feel the need to press on the bottom near my earlobe in order for them to seal).  

Best,
-Eric

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #209 of 222
A couple of things ( 3 really!)...First happy people rarely post about their lack of trouble. So generally any product forum will be disproportionally negative. Second, the green rings are filters to help prevent ear wax from getting too far into the IEM's. Replace as needed. Third, I leave the little humidifier bags in the case so when I put the T1's away they can be dried out that way.

If you do need service I have found Adam Rhodes from ACS to be very responsive to e-mail at ACS' website. He does not log on here very much so try him at the office if you need help in the USA.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #210 of 222
Ok, great.  Thanks for the advice.  I think my main concern is whether I am putting too much pressure on them to get a good seal.  Seems possible that this pressure could bend the IEM and perhaps damage the wiring.  I can get a correct seal by pressing lightly, but when there is a lot of external noise, pressing a bit more gets an ultra-tight seal.  Hard to know how much is too much.  (I got mine mainly to function in a loud office environment.)  I would be interested if you have any thoughts or experiences with this!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back