Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Sep 20, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #2,146 of 2,161
IMG_20230910_182709-01-01.jpeg

I also like how much upgrade the AR-M2 gets when used as a line source. Of course, those who will see the IEMs can say that everything else in this combo is given for the rest when the small bills run out, but the overall combo sounds really very high quality, dynamic, emotional and natural.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #2,147 of 2,161
Sep 21, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #2,148 of 2,161
Oct 27, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #2,150 of 2,161
Hi, both line outs are good. Cayin has better implementation of the line out on the 3.5 port. Acoustic Research M2 have only 3.5 out. If you push me to choose, I would choose M2 for sound and Cayin for a bit better Android experience. It would be more important the amp that you use from the line out

Oct 31, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #2,152 of 2,161
man...Had this player for a while but never really used it cause of bad pairing with my earbuds "DQSM turandot". Never realizing the potential of the M2 until recently when I paired it with a thicker and fuller sounding earbuds where it sounded much more balanced. Just purchased my first IEM in 13 years and received the "Simgot EW200" today and it played excellently with my M2. Couldn't get Tidal to work but managed to still stream music through Qobuz even though it's kind of buggy!

Update: Amazing synergy between the AR-M2 and Simgot EW200. Sooo much clarity, detail and fast impactful tactile bass with decent amount of weight. Doesn't sound like a $40 pair of IEMs at all but more like a few hundred dollars pair of earbuds. Too bad the AR-M2 cannot really stream music anymore. Quboz still kinda worked but super buggy.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #2,155 of 2,161
Very good to my ears on CD-quality and excellent on Hi-Res 44.1/48khz but I cannot play songs higher than hi-res 48khz on Qobuz Version 5.15.0.0. Higher than 48khz works on version 6.5.0.2 but way more audio cut outs. Also, the AR-M2 wifi receiver is weak, so best to operate in stronger wifi area. One floor away from wifi router is fine. Once I moved to the 2nd floor, sound starts to cut out.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #2,157 of 2,161
Has anyone else experienced issue with music player pro restarting at random intervals of time? Same thing happens with dsd or 16bit flac. With/without eq, crossfeed, etc.

I'm wondering whether I should try to re-flash the last firmware (which is installed already).

Last firmware link, if case anyone needs: https://sc.voxxintl.com/firmware/AR-M2/

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #2,158 of 2,161
Has anyone else experienced issue with music player pro restarting at random intervals of time? Same thing happens with dsd or 16bit flac. With/without eq, crossfeed, etc.

I'm wondering whether I should try to re-flash the last firmware (which is installed already).

Last firmware link, if case anyone needs: https://sc.voxxintl.com/firmware/AR-M2/
This effect can occur in pro app if you do to many selections fast - app is very susceptible to crashing if data base has not updated and you do too may selections or during normal operation - even doing a couple of presses fast on next track sometimes crashes - have had 3 players still have 2 and have regular challenges with pro app - tend to use the other app now as much more stable

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #2,160 of 2,161
This effect can occur in pro app if you do to many selections fast - app is very susceptible to crashing if data base has not updated and you do too may selections or during normal operation - even doing a couple of presses fast on next track sometimes crashes - have had 3 players still have 2 and have regular challenges with pro app - tend to use the other app now as much more stable
Unfortunately both apps crash in my case. I was able to reduce the frequency of crashes with Pro app by disabling "auto scan on start-up". Having that setting on seemed to produce a snowball effect whereas the app would go into re-scan every time after restarting from crash.

20240319_184135.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back