Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Apr 9, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #1,667 of 2,161
No Problem, it was a useful exercise for me too
Hi, since you like to exercise, he, he, I have a question for you. I bought a second Acoustic research ar-m2 because I like this player very much and I wanted to have a spare and the one I bought after you listed for like an hour or so it start flickering saying that it mount and un mount the memory card and it stop reading the card. Do you have any idea what can cause this? Thank you!

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,668 of 2,161
Hi, since you like to exercise, he, he, I have a question for you. I bought a second Acoustic research ar-m2 because I like this player very much and I wanted to have a spare and the one I bought after you listed for like an hour or so it start flickering saying that it mount and un mount the memory card and it stop reading the card. Do you have any idea what can cause this? Thank you!

mine did that until I switched to a different microsd

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,669 of 2,161
Was just going to say, faulty microsd card or dirty/damaged sd slot springs to mind.
Put some alcohol on the sdcard contact side and slide it in and out of the dirty slot a few times :D

Apr 10, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,670 of 2,161
This still makes me laugh on ebay :o2smile::ksc75smile:

Screenshot_2020-04-10-22-32-57-530_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg

May 4, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #1,672 of 2,161
May 18, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #1,673 of 2,161
Hi Everyone,

My name is Reshen and I'm new to forum.

I happened to get my hands on an AR M2 earlier this year. I am very happy with sound quality and that it can drive my 6XX and LCD2.

Thanks to all the contributors here, I've learnt a ton about the player. Especially thanks to @Nayparm, I've successfully rooted it.

A question to those that use Tidal: I know you can access tidal through the AR Pro Player App, but I find that it is extremely buggy and crashes often. So I opted to use the app. I find the app doesn't sound as good as the Pro Player, but is still great. And the convenience of the interface is a winner. I side loaded APK version 2.2.5. It was working just fine.

Problem is that as of a few days ago, I can't access Tidal anymore. Gives me an error due to network. I've checked my other Tidal apps (PC, TV etc) and it all works. This is odd because the Spotify app is working fine so no issues with WiFi I think.

Anyone else using the app that has been having issues?

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #1,674 of 2,161
I have a different problem, but it always concerns the stream, I used the Qobuz app but it was not very good for the sound, using Qobuz inside player pro is much better, but it has a problem, or rather two, the first is that they cannot be seen the covers, none, the other is that some albums, at least 50%, both those saved in the library and those that come out through the search are not played.
This is quite frustrating but I think it has to do with some incompatibility with streaming, after all this player was not born for streaming and also the battery consumption in wifi is too fast.
On the sound nothing to say, exceptional, now I am using it with my new ABYSS Diana, superb.

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #1,679 of 2,161
400GB works fine, I don't have anything bigger. Navigation is fast on mine but it's been a while since i've used one stock. I'm running my own custom ROM.
Any chance you will tell us more about the custom rom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back