Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,201 of 2,161
I'm considering buying this. Does the Pro Player support proper folder browsing (that allows you to navigate through the directory tree, rather than showing you flattened list of every folder on the device)?
20171026_121708668_iOS.jpg \

This is what you see when your choose Folder from the dropdown menu (AR Music Player Pro)

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #1,206 of 2,161
I was expecting my AR-M2 to arrive at the door yesterday with awesome 1 day shipping. But it is now delayed by FedEx due to customs issues. This means the weekend of listening is not happening Wished DHL was used but too late now. Hopefully the issue is sorted out sooner than later and perhaps next week I'll actually hold this elusive marvel.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,209 of 2,161
It arrived! Enjoying the packaging before opening it all up. Case & screen protector were provided as a free bonus from the fine folk @ VOXX HK.

IMG_0812.JPG

I think next on my "to get" list will be some full cans to use with this. In the mean time I will be utilizing my current stock of IEMs. #Excited

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,210 of 2,161
Hi @Signal2Noise
very happy your ARM2 finally arrived!
so you will be able to test by yourself with dx200. make attention to bass reproduction of ARM2 compared with dx200 bass :wink:

nice the bonus they gave you. I never found the correct screen protector...are u able to understand brand and the precise product?

ciao!

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #1,211 of 2,161
^
I have yet to do a critical comparison with the DX200 but I'm guessing upon initial impressions the AR-M2 is already more punchy.

As for the case it is AR branded packaging and I don't know actual manufacturer. The case fits perfect, not bulky at all, and looks sharp. Perhaps you can see it in the included pic. The screen protector is nothing special and after a couple of attempts at putting it on straight and dust-free to no avail I gave up.

I always demo my new acquired DAPs & phones with 2 albums. Dido has a good (imo) vocal, and a well-rounded mix of acoustic, pop, and techno elements. Jane's just kicks everything into high gear. After a few hours listening with ONLY these two in FLAC I can already say this is one nice sounding unit. Using EX1000 with stock cable for all the listening so far.

IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

The only con so far with the AR-M2 is I wish it had a digital volume level display to coincide with the volume wheel.

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #1,212 of 2,161
^
I have yet to do a critical comparison with the DX200 but I'm guessing upon initial impressions the AR-M2 is already more punchy.

As for the case it is AR branded packaging and I don't know actual manufacturer. The case fits perfect, not bulky at all, and looks sharp. Perhaps you can see it in the included pic. The screen protector is nothing special and after a couple of attempts at putting it on straight and dust-free to no avail I gave up.

I always demo my new acquired DAPs & phones with 2 albums. Dido has a good (imo) vocal, and a well-rounded mix of acoustic, pop, and techno elements. Jane's just kicks everything into high gear. After a few hours listening with ONLY these two in FLAC I can already say this is one nice sounding unit. Using EX1000 with stock cable for all the listening so far.

The only con so far with the AR-M2 is I wish it had a digital volume level display to coincide with the volume wheel.

You can get rid of that orange button in settings :)

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,213 of 2,161
^

But it can't as the volume control is analog :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back