Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #663 of 2,161
256GB Cards from Samsung now verified by Acoustic Research

Here is a list of verified and recommended high capacity Micro SDXC Cards for use on M2/M20:

Verified and recommended Micro SD Cards: AUG 2016

Lexar: 633x (Up to 200GB)

Patriot: LX Series (Up to 200GB)

Samsung: Evo, Pro, Pro+ (Up to 128GB) Evo+ (Up to 256GB)

Toshiba: Exceria UHS-I (Up to 128GB)

As a reminder, UHS-II memory cards are NOT recommended on UHS-1 Devices (All current DAPs). The M2/M20 deliver optimal performance with UHS-I cards and a UHS-II card may not be able to deliver the performance needed for Hi-Res Playback. The issue does not only apply to M2/M20, but to pretty much all the Hi-Res players in the market.

Anecdotally, we find the Lexar/Patriot 200GB card to sound slightly better than others

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #664 of 2,161
When are you guys going to implement an OLED panel into your players?
That's all is missing.

Won't happen soon, OLED prices are high and panels in short supply, current screen is good, we spend the money on components that sound better (-:

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #666 of 2,161

Give us a review :)

Congrats on your purchaser. My M20 sample is slightly loose too. Designed like this so that the socket is not damaged by users having to push hard with tight plugs. Also depends on the actual cable, some fit better than others. Hope you enjoy the music. Keep an eye out here for Firmware Updates we regularly add features and update the player. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #670 of 2,161
Back button should bring you back to the beginning of the current track not the previous. And your own manual said so. And I've said many times in this thread,no response at all.

I think I'm running out of my patience with this dap.

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.6 COMING SOON

Confirmed fixes:
  1. Gapless playback available for WAV and AIFF
  2. Fix scanning of 384kHz files in media scanner
  3. Fix muting sequence that causes an short instance of output volume drop at the beginning of music playback
  4. Back button behaviour changed. 
    In first 4 secs goes to previous track. After that to beginning of current track as expected

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #674 of 2,161
  Anyone with Adel A12 using M2?
I love the dark and rich sound and I hope M2 would deliver it but I wonder if the hiss level is acceptable with the 16 Ohm Adel A12...

The A12 is on my wishlist haven't heard the pairing unfortunately, but I will say you can always get an impedance adaptor for like £5 if there is hiss. Also take a look at the M20 I doubt there will be any hiss there as it was designed with iems in mind and still retains just about the same level of audio fidelity. 

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #675 of 2,161
  FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.6 COMING SOON

Confirmed fixes:
  1. Gapless playback available for WAV and AIFF
  2. Fix scanning of 384kHz files in media scanner
  3. Fix muting sequence that causes an short instance of output volume drop at the beginning of music playback
  4. Back button behaviour changed. 
    In first 4 secs goes to previous track. After that to beginning of current track as expected

any update for M20 soon ?  thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back