Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Aug 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #273 of 2,161
So, what's happen to its folder browser? Did they fix it?
Obviously, it's not an upgrade which takes a long time to fix...
is there a new firmware version (currently running 2.2.1)?

I'm slowly being turned off by lack of firmware updates...

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #274 of 2,161
Hi everyone sorry for the delay it's been a long and amazing weekend at CanJam, so basically after talking to one of the Design Team at CanJam we discussed some of the issues and possible updates.

I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear but there isn't a rush and won't be a rush in rolling out an update immediately. There are a few reasons behind this so don't fret it is in the interest of consumers. The team don't want to keep rolling out a single update each time something is changed so they are complying a list of suggestions and bug fixes so they can roll it out as an all in one package.

So far I have compiled some feedback from the show and what is likely to be looked at in the next update.

1. Search bar available within the UI
  2. Fixed folder navigation
  3. Improved sound quality
  4. Possibility of using the full screen when viewing videos 
  5. Any lag issues etc.

Also wanted to let everyone know you can use a SanDisk Micro usb OTG plug in as well as the SD slot for even more memory, I know this solution isn't really perfect but it means more memory at a cheap price. 

I will keep the thread updated as much as I can. Also if anyone has any constructive suggestions they would really like to see in the next update I will be writing a comprehensive list for the team to evaluate and implement. Thank you all for being so patient I know it's frustrating but the fixes aren't quite as easy as they seem it does take a little time and money for them to recode and debug everything so they would like to get right as much as possible before launching the next update.

Any questions or comments feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll do my best to answer and get back to you promptly. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #275 of 2,161
For me gapless playback is the most important fix required...

An optional option which would be quite unique would be to read and in turn apply replay gain settings...

Also, holding down track skip buttons should enable (if held for more than one second let's argue) track scanning (FF/REW) rather than just track skip and that's it...

I'm more than happy to be a guinea pig for beta firmware...

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #276 of 2,161
Well, the most important thing is the folder browser...
It should show folders in Windows Explorer style order.
Otherwise, OTG USB and SD card won't be useful since every folders will show up at once.

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #277 of 2,161
Resume playback  at last point stopped  and autoplay next folder are two options which I miss from my previous DAP  - Fiio X5.  Custom Cable were selling a very nice 'official 'AR-M2 case for £29.99, which I purchased - much better than messing round with the woolly bag!

Quote from cover box: High quality leatherette case for AR-M2
                                 Convenient access to all controls and ports
                                 Textured non-slip leatherette with soft microfiber lining
                                 Magnetic flip tab closure
                                 Non-migrating adhesive pad hols M2 in position
Package contents: Leatherette folio case for AR-M2
                           Screen protective film for AR-M2
                           Screen wiper
                           Cleaning cloth
                           Spare adhesive pad

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #279 of 2,161
Gapless playback is one of the most difficult to implement I can't remember the full reasons why it's something to do with the player reading each file individually I'll get back to you on that.

Changing gain settings certainly an option. Track skip buttons should if held be used as a FW/RW I agree.

Resuming playback at last point stopped and autoplay next folder shouldn't be a problem.

The skip back button isn't necessarily a fix more of a preference but I will see if there are any plans to change it.

Folder navigation a must, kawaivpc1 can you please message me some pictures of how this would look. 

They're already working on fixing song orders in the Artist Browser (and adding Albums for each album in Artists)

I will be sending off an email this Friday with all the information I have compiled so far so please keep the suggestions rolling in within reason lol. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #280 of 2,161
CanJam was awesome though Acoustic Research had their DAPs out even showing off the UA1, which I got to spend a little more time with and even had a little thing going on between me my R2Pro adn it in my hotel room 
tongue_smile.gif

Seriously though was an amazing experience I think Sennheiser made a good choice to showcase their headphones by using Acoustic Research's equipment really great synergy. It was awesome to try out so much gear tell you what I still stand by the AR-M2 as one of the most musical DAPs out there.

Here's a picture of the display and the new sleek case which you can get from CustomCables.

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #281 of 2,161
Gapless playback is one of the most difficult to implement I can't remember the full reasons why it's something to do with the player reading each file individually I'll get back to you on that.

Changing gain settings certainly an option. Track skip buttons should if held be used as a FW/RW I agree.

Resuming playback at last point stopped and autoplay next folder shouldn't be a problem.

The skip back button isn't necessarily a fix more of a preference but I will see if there are any plans to change it.

Folder navigation a must, kawaivpc1 can you please message me some pictures of how this would look. 

They're already working on fixing song orders in the Artist Browser (and adding Albums for each album in Artists)

I will be sending off an email this Friday with all the information I have compiled so far so please keep the suggestions rolling in within reason lol. 

Folder broswer must be fixed if you guys recommend people to use microSD cards above 128GB.
Your current folder browser is absolutely useless for people who own many albums...
Right now, your browser shows a list of all of album folders in alphabetical order at atime in one screen.

If you have more than 200 albums, are you going to be okay with browsing with that browser? No...
You need a browser that behaves like Windows Explorer, Mac Finder.
For instance, it should show:

1. Name of SD card ---click---> list of primary folders in the card ---click---> another list of folders within a folder ---click--> list of songs.

2. (E.g. SD card 1) -click---> (Folders named "Pop", "Jazz", "EDM") --click---> (folders with names of albums or artist) -click---> (a list of songs within a selected folder)

Open up your Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. Do they display the entire folders in hard drive in one screen?
No. They display primary folders and then folders within folders, then folders within another folders, eventually files.

Download HibyMusic android app and see how its folder browser organizes folders.
HibyMusuc app is free and this is all you need.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=HibyMusic&hl=en

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #283 of 2,161

Nah, it's specified in M2's own manual "Tap on this icon to skip to the beginning of the current audio file." So you can't call it is some kind of a preference. It's the obvious DEFECT except there will be the revision on the manual :D

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #284 of 2,161
Nah, it's specified in M2's own manual "Tap on this icon to skip to the beginning of the current audio file." So you can't call it is some kind of a preference. It's the obvious DEFECT except there will be the revision on the manual :D

Okay thank you for pointing that out I really should read the manual, I just try to figure it all out before had but I'll certainly put that in the footnotes now it's been brought to light :).

Thank you all for your feedback and patience, hopefully we can get these issues resolved ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back