Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #286 of 2,161
  Just picked one of these up for a loan / review. Very impressed so far!!

Looking forward to your review. Also letting everyone know the team is working you have been heard 
wink_face.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #287 of 2,161
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but it seems other player software (e.g. PlayerPro) won't work on the AR-M2. Is that correct?

(BTW I will take the time to read this thread more thoroughly as soon as possible so apologies for not checking the thread before asking the above question)

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #288 of 2,161
You can side load apps onto the M2, and most should work, although haven't tested this myself (not sure what will happen to an app that has play store dependency!).

Looking forward to firmware 2.3.0 (as in a main revision rather than 2.2.2 let's say).

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #289 of 2,161
I'm having some troubles with the shuffle function. If I start playing a playlist, clicking the shuffle button (the arrows that cross over each other) doesn't change the order of playback. I can't seem to find any way to get shuffle to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: And then it worked... it seems like letting it play for a few moments before skipping forward made a difference. Can anyone confirm this?

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #290 of 2,161
  I'm having some troubles with the shuffle function. If I start playing a playlist, clicking the shuffle button (the arrows that cross over each other) doesn't change the order of playback. I can't seem to find any way to get shuffle to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: And then it worked... it seems like letting it play for a few moments before skipping forward made a difference. Can anyone confirm this?

OK. I still can't work this out. If I choose shuffle before selecting a track in a playlist, the playlist plays in order (track 1, 2, 3, etc.). Toggling shuffle off / on seems to work sometimes, but not always. Am I doing something wrong?

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #291 of 2,161

OK. I still can't work this out. If I choose shuffle before selecting a track in a playlist, the playlist plays in order (track 1, 2, 3, etc.). Toggling shuffle off / on seems to work sometimes, but not always. Am I doing something wrong?

No I had the same problem except the problem goes away as soon as I toggle the shuffle button off / on again. I'll shoot an email off as it was only a one off for me I sort of ignored it but if the problem is persisting then it needs to be addressed. 

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #293 of 2,161
So, when are they going to fix that folder browser??
It's hard to imagine anyone selling this with that sloppy browser.

Please be patient I do not have any exact dates all I can say is it won't be too long now the team are working on it but as I mentioned previously they want the next update to come with as little bugs as possible. Thank you for you coporation. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #295 of 2,161
Yes, would be good to have an update on where we are at, now I've got 128gb and 200gb cards all loaded up with music, I'm ready to roll again :)

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #296 of 2,161
Yes, would be good to have an update on where we are at, now I've got 128gb and 200gb cards all loaded up with music, I'm ready to roll again :)

So, can you understand the problem?
When you put that 200GB microSD to M2, M2's poor folder browser will show a list of the entire folders in that 200GB microSD card in one screen at a time.
This is not good at all.
There should be standard windows explorer type folder browser which shows primary folders that contain other folders, and then folders within folders, etc.

I really hope you guys understand what I'm talking about. Otherwise, that microSD slot is useless for cards above 128GB.

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #297 of 2,161
Hello everyone, I do apologise for the delay in response time been incredibly busy commuting, responding to emails, family life etc. Anyway cutting straight to the point no direct answer yet concerning the firmware all I know is it is definitely being worked on as we speak. 

I am hoping to hear back from one of the design team soon so fingers crossed they will have sorted everything out. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #298 of 2,161
Can anyone using the M2 with sensitive IEMs help me out? It's unclear if the unit I was loaned for review was a final production model or a pre-production sample and there was noticeable noise when using BA-based IEMs (i.e. highly sensitive). Apart from the limited volume range, this noise was the only thing that kept the M2 from being a perfect player IMO so I'm trying to work out if it is a common issue in all units or just pre-production ones.

For reference, the noise was present at all times (i.e. even with screen and wifi off) and sounded like a processor sound - kind of like a rapid ticking sound.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #299 of 2,161
Hi Loquah sorry for my english is not my native lenguage , i have been using the AR M2 with etys er4pt and sound amazing but always hear that noise u talk about  at first i think was my device but it seem to be a common issue with this DAP , hope my opinion can help u , regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back