Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Aug 12, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #241 of 2,161
  An email has been sent, either Robert or myself will get back with a response as soon as possible. Also in the mean time I might suggest you download HibyMusic's apk file so as to use their file management system in the mean time.

I know this isn't a long term fix but certainly will help for now as the system is being reviewed.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for your action. 
Many people on this thread talked about this issue. They called M2's software "mess" because of its poor folder browser.
Please fix this as soon as possible. Otherwise, its microSD card slot will be useless for cards above 128GB. Its current browser will show a list of 128 albums plus 60 albums (from internal storage) in one screen.
How can you browse then? It will be totally mess. 

Its browser should show folders in correct order like Windows Explore so users can navigate folders in the way they organize. 
Calyx M player has the same browser issue and many people have blamed it for a year but they didn't fix it. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #242 of 2,161
Thanks for your action. 
Many people on this thread talked about this issue. They called M2's software "mess" because of its poor folder browser.
Please fix this as soon as possible. Otherwise, its microSD card slot will be useless for cards above 128GB. Its current browser will show a list of 128 albums plus 60 albums (from internal storage) in one screen.
How can you browse then? It will be totally mess. 

Its browser should show folders in correct order like Windows Explore so users can navigate folders in the way they organize. 
Calyx M player has the same browser issue and many people have blamed it for a year but they didn't fix it. 

Not a problem I understand how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work the way it should.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience, I assure you Acoustic Reasearch are serious about their product so I can't imagine it will be long before the issue is address now it's been brought to light.

I will keep the thread posted as and when any updates have been made.

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #243 of 2,161
My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience, I assure you Acoustic Reasearch are serious about their product so I can't imagine it will be long before the issue is address now it's been brought to light.

Hi, dnun8086 -

What's your association with AR--are you a paid employee or simply an enthusiastic user?

Cordially,
Brian

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #244 of 2,161

Hi, dnun8086 -

What's your association with AR--are you a paid employee or simply an enthusiastic user?

Cordially,
Brian

Hi Brian good question, well officially I have no real affiliation with Acoustic Research. However, since I received the review sample they sent me there has been an open communication channel between us. 

I will actually being doing some work for them down in London at CanJam. Talking from experience I had an issue with popping and static had a response promptly and beta type of some new Firmware that fixed the issue. So I am hoping for the same diligence in this matter too. 

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Regards,

Daniel 

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #245 of 2,161
  Hi Brian good question, well officially I have no real affiliation with Acoustic Research. However, since I received the review sample they sent me there has been an open communication channel between us. 

I will actually being doing some work for them down in London at CanJam. Talking from experience I had an issue with popping and static had a response promptly and beta type of some new Firmware that fixed the issue. So I am hoping for the same diligence in this matter too.

No problem, Daniel.

You'll also want to mention the issue of gapless playback. I mostly listen to classical music, and I can't consider the M2 until it stops pausing inappropriately.

Do you know which facility produces the M2, e.g. Foxconn, Pegatron, or others?

Thanks,
Brian

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #246 of 2,161

No problem, Daniel.

You'll also want to mention the issue of gapless playback. I mostly listen to classical music, and I can't consider the M2 until it stops pausing inappropriately.

Do you know which facility produces the M2, e.g. Foxconn, Pegatron, or others?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

My apologies for the delay in response. In answer to your questions, yes most certainly will mention the issue with gapless playback which hopeful can be resolved quite easily secondly I don't know which facility produces the M2 but I will do my best to find out.

Hope that helps for now. Thank you for your patience I've passed on tall he relevant information, will keep on updating as I hear back. Just a brief warning with CanJam coming up and a team member being on holiday it may be a few days before I hear a response so please bare with me. I'll do my best to get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Daniel 

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #248 of 2,161
  Are you still paring the M2 with your Flare R2Pros? Are they a good match?

I do indeed they are a good match, personally I prefer a more mid forward sound sig so usually go for my Meridian + Amp set up. Honestly though I really enjoy the M2 I know those who have spend more time with the AK240 may disagree but personally I prefer the M2 holds more of a wow factor upon first listen.

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #249 of 2,161
I agree, which is why I ended up with the M2 rather than the AK240 :)

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #250 of 2,161
  My point exactly. It was PCM and still is PCM but they feel the need to call it something else to disassociate. It's a marketing thing. We have here on this board, folks talking about the goodness of DXD over PCM. My post was to take it out of the realm of whose fault it is to know and give some info.

Something just sunk in today about DXD and DSD.  DSD uses a 1-bit delta-sigma A/D conversion process (which was the current thinking when DSD was invented) whereas today, 1-bit is outdated and something like 5-bit delta-sigma is prefered.

You can't record DSD with 5-bit delta-sigma conversion but you can record PCM with it. DXD data rate is about three times DSD64 (i.e. higher resolution in some ways, but different) so it means you can use the modern recording processes and still create DSD64 and DSD128 from it without loosing quality.

So it does have more relevence than just marketing (but not necessarily for the consumer).

Anyway, just wanted to express that thought!

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #254 of 2,161
Yes, but not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing...

Going to Sony's way of doing it, if you play the track for more than about a pico second, the back button keeps you in the same track, which annoys me lol... So, if that happens, must allow a double tap back to straight away go back a track :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back