Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Feb 6, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #1,861 of 2,162
I know. I couldn't believe it. He literally asked "Ist the X important for right delivery or is Y enough"? (numbers omitted). Yes, you need all the numbers! Madness.
Simply inacceptable, indeed.

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #1,862 of 2,162
Sad to say I have learned the hard way about the Sandisk problem. I have the 200 GB card and it does indeed unmount itself regularly. Typically it unmounts when scrolling through music rather than when playing. Once I get it to start playing an album, it plays all the way through. In any case, I look forward to finding a sale on the new Samsung 256 GB card.

just checked the search in this thread - there seam to be some more people having problems with the 200 GB Sandisk . I also had Problems with my 400 GB Sandisk but in another device. Whereas I never encountered problems with 128/ 256 / 512 GB and the 1 TB Cards ... so probably it is not the AR-M2s fault, if the 400 GB card will cause issues and in case, it is worth to try another card which is not a 200/400GB

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #1,863 of 2,162
just checked the search in this thread - there seam to be some more peolple with problems with the 200 GB Sandisk . I also had Problems with my 400 GB Sandisk but in another device. Whereas I never had problems with 128/ 256 / 512 GB and the 1 TB Cards ... so probably it is not the AR-M2s fault, if the 400 GB card will cause issues and in case, it is worth to try another card which is not a 200/400GB
Thanks for that, I will report it here, if the 400GB causes issues. I have 512GB at hand anyway, so no drama.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #1,865 of 2,162
Jealous. Here's what happened to mine:

Screenshot 2023-02-06 115357.png

Hope to receive one day.

Please let us know your impressions! (Would be curious to know how it compares to Lotoo tuning).
This really sucks. Have you tried to contact the post office to tell them that you have he tracking number, the proof of purchase and ask them if they can deliver the package to you. You can tell them what part of the address is missing. You can also contact the seller to tell him to contact the Post Office to require a change of address

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #1,866 of 2,162
This really sucks. Have you tried to contact the post office to tell them that you have he tracking number, the proof of purchase and ask them if they can deliver the package to you. You can tell them what part of the address is missing. You can also contact the seller to tell him to contact the Post Office to require a change of address
Yes, I tried. Seems that once the process of returning has begun, it cannot be halted, even though the package is literally in a Post Office 3 minutes from where I live....

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #1,867 of 2,162
Yes, I tried. Seems that once the process of returning has begun, it cannot be halted, even though the package is literally in a Post Office 3 minutes from where I live....
That is not fair. I would try to go to the post office anyway, maybe if you go there in person they will find a way to give it to you, it is worth trying. I am really sorry to hear that you will not get the M2, not just because I was really curious on your thoughts on it but just because I know that you waited patiently to get it just to hear that is close to your house and now is going to get back, plus the hassle to get your money back because I am almost sure the person who sent the package is not going to ship it again to you

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #1,868 of 2,162
That is not fair. I would try to go to the post office anyway, maybe if you go there in person they will find a way to give it to you, it is worth trying. I am really sorry to hear that you will not get the M2, not just because I was really curious on your thoughts on it but just because I know that you waited patiently to get it just to hear that is close to your house and now is going to get back, plus the hassle to get your money back because I am almost sure the person who sent the package is not going to ship it again to you
Yeah, I'll head down later, see if that can do anything. It did indeed occur to me that this was some sort of ruse/scam....Probably would get the funds back so not too concerned about that. Plus, I'm very good at tracking people down. :telescope:

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,869 of 2,162
I still hope the post office is going to give you the package because right now is in their hands and they can give you the package, I am sure of that. I don't think it is a scam, I think the seller was just careless in filling the address correctly

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #1,870 of 2,162
I still hope the post office is going to give you the package because right now is in their hands and they can give you the package, I am sure of that. I don't think it is a scam, I think the seller was just careless in filling the address correctly
I think you're right - careless. I spoke with post office; they can't do anything. Only the sender can redirect it and it seems it's too late for that. I will stick with it, because this is probably the only DAP out there I'm actually very curious to hear.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,871 of 2,162
I think you're right - careless. I spoke with post office; they can't do anything. Only the sender can redirect it and it seems it's too late for that. I will stick with it, because this is probably the only DAP out there I'm actually very curious to hear.
... I can see the AR-M2 also already set you on fire - dramatic like in a Hollywood movie ... and at the end, they found each other and it was the beginning of a real, long and lasting ... :k701smile:

I keep my fingers crossed for you ! And hope the vendor can fix it via DHL - normally the parcels can be re-routed by DHL no matter in which direction they are on their way and missing information can be added/ labels reprinted ... normally part of DHL customer service.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #1,872 of 2,162
... I can see the AR-M2 also already set you on fire - dramatic like in a Hollywood movie ... and at the end, they found each other and it was the beginning of a real, long and lasting ... :k701smile:

I keep my fingers crossed for you ! And hope the vendor can fix it via DHL ...
Let's hope we both walk off into the sunset, hand in hand!

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,874 of 2,162
... just saw, it was my 100 posting :) glad to have spent it with you, @Nostoi and in the AR_M2 forum - edited my posting above and added some DHL topics ...
Happy 100th birthday! :cake:🎉 Privileged to be at this select gathering 🙏

Thanks for the extra DHL info, I'll forward to vendor and see if he can be a little more pro-active in redirecting it...:fingers_crossed:

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #1,875 of 2,162
Very first impressions after having installed the latest FW and scanned a 512GB Micron sd-card (I did not even bother to try the aforementioned 400GB).

I tried both AR Music Player APP and prefer the PRO for the navigation and UI. Soundwise, I find the normal APP to sound just a hint more analogue, but it will require much more listening time to draw any final conclusion. Both are great for my tastes. I like the EQ function, it works smoothly and such an effective EQ is not to find everywhere. I love the screen and the built quality is totl.

I spent the first 2 hours with the FatFreq Maestro Mini (1DD/2BA), a set of IEMs that likes lot of juice. Even if the AR-M2 is powerful, it's not too powerful, though. Perfect amount of power.

The AR-M2 indeed destroys almost everything I have heard in the DAP world since 2017. Bold statement, but seriously, there is no need to spend 20 hours with it to understand that. It's so obvious from the first seconds listening to one of your favorites tunes. I now better understand why the AR-M2 attracts the same clientele as the one loving the Calyx M, even though both devices differ in their signature. The AR-M2 and the Calyx M are the kings of BS-free music playback.

The Acoustic Research DAP displays a pure, clear, detailed and powerful sound. Foot taping / Head banging stuff, god! Electronics, Rock, Metal, Vocals, Hip-Hop, just throw at it what you want. There is no veil to the music, all instruments seems so clear and the bass pounds with such impact like there is no tomorrow. All this without unwelcome brightness or shrillness. The DTR1 comes to mind, when talking about raw power and clarity, but the AR-M2 easily navigates on the next level of things here.

Very impressed and honestly a bit chocked so far. Only complain for the moment, the standard AR APP crashed twice. It's maybe due to the fact that I was scrolling and going back and forth within the app pretty fast. Handling more gently with it should do. And even if it freezes sometimes, I can live with it. Also, there is a very faint background noise at times, when music is not playing. It's not absolute dead silent like the LPGT and Calyx M, but nothing to worry about.

Tonight, I will add the C9 into the mix and try different IEMs (single and triple DD, another hybrid and tribrids). Later this month, a comparison vs. Calyx M and LPGT will follow.

I should have gotten this DAP years ago... mistake fixed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back