Acoustic Recommendations
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clapton Unplugged!!!!

wooooooooooo!

This album/CD sounds great but you have to like Clapton. I'm trying but it ain't working
atsmile.gif

How about some bluegrass? Tony Williamson "Still Light of the Evening" from Mapleshade Records is a great sounding "acoustical" album.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This album/CD sounds great but you have to like Clapton. I'm trying but it ain't working
atsmile.gif

How about some bluegrass? Tony Williamson "Still Light of the Evening" from Mapleshade Records is a great sounding "acoustical" album.

u make me sad
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #20 of 41
Some previously mentioned but these are some guitar artists that I enjoy...

Al Di Meola
TuckAndress
Andy McKee
Antoine Dufour
California Guitar Trio
Checkfield
David Grisman
Eberhard Weber
Michael Hedges
Jerry Douglas
Jimmy Bruno
Larry Coryell
Leo Kottke
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
Michael Hedges
Ralph Towner
Tommy Emmanuel
Tony Rice
Tuck Andress

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #22 of 41
Id second Michael Hedges but I feel that there is a lot of variation in the quality of his albums. Aerial Boundaries is definitely good.

Paco De Lucia is awesome but some of his stuff isn't really recorded that well IMHO. Its all sortof raw which is good in that it wasn't messed with but there is sometimes static in the background etc.

There is also:
Willie and Lobo :guitar and fiddle duo. Awesome.

Pierre Bensusan (Not sure if this was metioned above) Check out Intuite especially. This guy is a real virtuoso on a guitar. Unbelievable.

I would also definitely second the recommendation for Al Dimeola. There is a compilation of his acoustic stuff called Accoustic Anthologies I think. Its one of the first things I turn to when I'm first listening to some new piece of gear I've purchased because I like it so much and can never wait to hear it from a new 'angle'.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #23 of 41
Sanjay Mishra

is an indian artist, and actually plays guitar, but you would never know it, he's so fast. He plays a sort of Raga with jazz and blues twist. Very nice. Listen to track 3 from his album "blue incantation". Absolutely beautiful.

it's kind of a cheezy video, because it shows him playing live, but the music is just off his album. but you get the idea.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #25 of 41
While in the message box, open a second tab, go to the youtube video you want, drop the http address into the message box by dragging from the address down.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #26 of 41
"Blue Country Heart," by Jorma Kaukonen. Wonderful album, as are many suggestions in this thread. I have a number of the mentioned albums and love them.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way, how'd you imbed the youtube videos into the forum like that?

When you're typing a message, if you look right above the text box, you'll see an icon that says youTube. Click it and drop the video link in between the [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] boxes.

Nice call on Sanjay Mishra, I might add!

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only this:

Al Di Meola/John McLaughlin/Paco De Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco

Listen, and be blown away.
biggrin.gif

atsmile.gif

Thank you.

Whoops, didn't mean to bump this. But yeah.

Antoine Dufour is pretty good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back