Aclair custom in ear Studio 4
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 6
Try to give them a call or shoot them an email if you can. They have great customer service in my experience and should be able to help you pick the right model for you better than I can. But here's my understanding:

The RSM and Studio4 are very similar. The two actually share the same drivers, but the Studio4 uses an additional sound bore to allow them to use separate acoustic filters on the drivers and further refine the sound. The result is a little less emphasis in the upper mids and treble, a tiny bit less bass, and a smoother frequency response. The Studio4 is supposed to be the most neutral of the 3, although they should all be relatively neutral sounding.

The Studio3 is also similar to the Studio4, but I think it's intended to be a slightly cheaper option that's targeted more at audiophiles than professionals. I wonder if maybe it shares the same drivers as the Reference with an additional sound bore, but that's just me guessing. I was told that it has a little bit more of a bass/midbass hump and a little bit less emphasis on the mids with a slight dip centered around 1 kHz or so relative to the Studio4.

As for what I've read on these forums, most seem to agree that the Studio4 is a little more detailed and refined sounding than the RSM. Some have said that the Studio4 sounds a bit more neutral and the RSM sounds a bit bassier than neutral, while one guy said the RSM sounds more neutral and the Studio4 has a bit of a mid-forward signature. I don't think anybody has heard the Studio3 yet. I haven't heard any of them yet myself, so I can't comment.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you.
I asked on Facebook (better this way, by mail i was not having answers). They give me some clues:
"The studio line has some upgraded components and is built a bit different. They have three bores instead of 2 which decreases intermod distortion for a bit of a cleaner, clearer sound. The cables are also a custom made premium copper cable that has a bit of a better sound quality.
The studio line is not designed for stage use per se, where the others are made to be used on stage also. They could be used on stage fine, but they are not designed for it."

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 6
Thank you.
I asked on Facebook (better this way, by mail i was not having answers). They give me some clues:
"The studio line has some upgraded components and is built a bit different. They have three bores instead of 2 which decreases intermod distortion for a bit of a cleaner, clearer sound. The cables are also a custom made premium copper cable that has a bit of a better sound quality.
The studio line is not designed for stage use per se, where the others are made to be used on stage also. They could be used on stage fine, but they are not designed for it."
If you're still wondering, the studio 4's aren't great. The studio 3's are way better, but with a strong v shape. The RevX are by far the best, totally neutral and transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back