Accudio (iphone app) and Sennheiser IE800
Nov 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ironfist77

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been hanging around here for quite a while, reading and learning but this is my first post.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced the Senn IE800 with the Accudio app on iPhone 5.
This app is supposedly "correcting" the sound of your headphones, on the basis of a database of headphones freq responses.

Well, my first reaction was that I really did not like what it did to the sound.
I found it the highs overly present, and the bass was practically gone. It sounded a bit like I was listening to FM radio.

Now, removing some bass could be ok, given that IE800 delivers quite some. But it goes too far on music where the bass is there for a reason (e.g. hip-hop, RnB). After trying with other genre (soul, classical, jazz), I find that my liking of the EQuing done by the app is really genre-dependent and actually not bad in some cases.

Anyone had a similar experience with the IE800, or with another headphone?
The only reason I do not regret buying this app, is that I like the EQ when simulating the signature of other headphones (Audeze LCD-2).

Thanks

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 10
I have the Westone ADV Alpha and I must say the Accudio app is a gem for these earphones. Like you I really enjoy the LCD-2 simulation. I also enjoy the flat preset with boosted bass and sub-bass. 

I don't regret buying this app at all. I love fiddling with all the presets and the customs with my ADV's. A lot of them sound amazing. I think it really depends on the headphones / earphones you are trying to EQ. For example, I tried the Accudio with my K550, MS1i, and even the apple earpods, and none of them were enjoyable for me. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 10
  Damn it there are more Android phones out there than Iphones, why does Iphone always get the cool apps?

It's not as smooth as you think - Viper4Android gets better support now than Accudio post-iOS7. I can barely use my iPad with Accudio becasue it crashes too often, and now album art gets messed up badly.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 10
 When I searched for viper4android in the android store, all i see is apps with asian text that I unfortunately can't read.

When I clicked on the first one the first review says something along the lines of, "don't worry, app is all in English, etc etc." I didn't download it though because (and I missed mentioning it, my apologies) it requires a rooted Android device, which my SGS3 isn't. Never had to because of native USB audio support and I don't really need the EQ; I could actually mess around with NeutronMP as I know my way around an EQ regardless of the interface (thanks to car audio, and using USB mics instead of auto-EQ mics on the receivers), but the real problem with Neutron isn't the UI but that it produces a hiss in my SGS3. It didn't with my original SGS so when that broke soon after trying out Neutron I immediately got the paid version for the SGS3, only to find out it produced a hiss. I didn't even realize it was Neutron (it did so through both the earphone out and USB) until I tried PowerAmp out of sheer curiosity, then later, MediaMonkey so it would be the same player as on my Windows computers.

Still, Accudio's really iffy right now, and a few pages back (or was it in the iPad DAC thread? not sure) apparetnly a lot of people have been sending them emails and so far there's no action, not even a response that they are trying to fix iOS7 compatibility. Just sucks that I get USB back after iOS6.3.1 took it away, but now Accudio doesn't work.

EDIT : Neutron just updated, hiss is totally gone!

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 10
  I I have no issues with them at all and I use an iPhone 5 with newest IOS version. 

I don't think iPhones have any problem, it's the iPads that do. For starters, the Accudio app was designed for an iPhone, it just so happened it can still be installed in an iPad, then iOS7 happened. I actually didn't mind the pixelated blow up of the interface, but then IOS6.3.1 took away USB audio then iOS7 gave it back only for Accudio started crashing (heck FLACPlayer has been updating but it still crashes on me, something it never did with previous OS versions).

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 10
Hahaha right ... hope they fix it. Don't think they're updating it frequently tho : S
Do check out CanOpener while ur at it - it has crossfeed in an app! Beautiful interface as well. Bought it too and love the pencilgraph EQ drawing function. 
Lol I know ... I kind of bought it for the fun of the gimmicks haha. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 10
  Hahaha right ... hope they fix it. Don't think they're updating it frequently tho : S

They're not updating at all
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back