Account deletion
Feb 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't try to hide from us! We all know that you are the real krmathis. You will be allowed to stay and keep your post count of 2, but your username will be changed to krmathis. The other krmathis account will be deleted.

HomerSimpsonOhNo.jpg

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 26
Hahha, who was the poster that had a German Shephard as his avatar that wanted his account deleted? When that wasn't possible, he manually went through all his 1000+ posts and edited them out to a "." Then a little while later he comes back and asks if they could be restored. Good times.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahha, who was the poster that had a German Shephard as his avatar that wanted his account deleted? When that wasn't possible, he manually went through all his 1000+ posts and edited them out to a "." Then a little while later he comes back and asks if they could be restored. Good times.

Bwahahaha!
beerchug.gif
I remember him editing all his posts but I missed the part where he came back and wanted them restored. As Bugs Bunny would say "What a maroon"!
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lou did this at one point with at least 1,000 posts. He must have spent hours deleting them. You know, the same Lou who can never seem keep a pair of headphones for more than two weeks, no matter how much he raves about them in the first week! He's such a trip. Ahhh, but we all love him anyway (you know, in the general sense of the word, which is really just to say that he's harmless enough and means well).

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lou did this at one point with at least 1,000 posts. ...

I don't think it was Lou, I like Lou, no matter what foibles he might have.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it was Lou, I like Lou, no matter what foibles he might have.
biggrin.gif

Well then maybe someone else did it too, but Lou definitely spent some significant time with the delete key at one point.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 26
It wasn't Lou- or it has happened more than once. In any event, I'm not going to mention who I think it was because ultimately they had their account deleted, so I'm going to respect their privacy.

Anyway, if you think about it - anyone who goes and deletes all of their posts or replaces them with a period is probably a person who is in a pretty bad place. It's not really funny.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It wasn't Lou- or it has happened more than once. In any event, I'm not going to mention who I think it was because ultimately they had their account deleted, so I'm going to respect their privacy.

Anyway, if you think about it - anyone who goes and deletes all of their posts or replaces them with a period is probably a person who is in a pretty bad place. It's not really funny.

I don't know...

We're all different, and sometimes people get frustrated by having others "pick" on them or whatever. I don't mean to be picking on Lou. I quite like the guy and always enjoy his posts.

I just thought it was odd that he would spend that much time in an effort to protest whatever he was upset about. But he did it, so I don't see any sense in being afraid to talk about it now. I mean, the subject came up and I knew the answer to the question...

I'm sure that, for whatever reasons, he felt justified in doing so. At the time, it created some discontinuity in some of the then current threads, but that's Ok too. None of what we discuss here is too terribly important. It's not like the Congressional Record of Head-Fi, so if someone wants to wipe out their entire account history, that's completely up to them. We'll carry on. In Lou's case, however, there was so much that he had contributed over the years, so it was a shame to see much of it wiped out. But he came back not too long after that, and seems have enjoyed the place ever since.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #25 of 26
Why not ask for a account rename, if all you want is to change the name?

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not ask for a account rename, if all you want is to change the name?

I'll try: could you, people who have the power, change my username to "provola", please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back