[Academic Survey] Headphones services experiences and new technologies
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

andreapspl

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

My name is Andrea, I am a student of Politecnico di Milano and am carrying out research about headphones and the experience of using them. For this, I am collecting opinions through a short survey. Any questions regarding this project or the survey please ask away!

The information collected from this survey will remain anonymous and will be used solely for educational purposes for my Master's project. I am linking some proof as I understand it is uncomfortable to give information to strangers, but I am in no way asking for any personal information, just your experience with your current headphones and about new technologies.

Link to the form (through Google forms)
https://forms.gle/aXk2LeGKCyj7jkUb6

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 7
This might be the wrong forum for your survey. We are mostly about wired performance headphones and Sound Quality.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 7
What is the project about? It looks very focused into Bluetooth mainstream headphones.

Hi!
I am doing a master in Service Design, so my project specifically is about improving an existing service and I chose a subscription based brand for this purpose. The survey will help me find some opportunities to make the experience better.

The survey is not necessarily bluetooth, I do see how the wireless charging feature applies to bluetooth only, but the rest could exist for wired also.

And @seamon indeed this is not exclusive for bluetooth (but i will double check since you guys commented on that) and I definitely want the input of people interested in high-quality audio (tho yes, in this case, through headphones).

Thanks for the replies!

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Hello All,

My name is Andrea, I am a student of Politecnico di Milano and am carrying out research about headphones and the experience of using them. For this, I am collecting opinions through a short survey. Any questions regarding this project or the survey please ask away!

The information collected from this survey will remain anonymous and will be used solely for educational purposes for my Master's project. I am linking some proof as I understand it is uncomfortable to give information to strangers, but I am in no way asking for any personal information, just your experience with your current headphones and about new technologies.

Link to the form (through Google forms)
https://forms.gle/aXk2LeGKCyj7jkUb6

Thank you for your time!
Somewhat interesting notion, a headphone subscription service. Is this what you're working on? I wouldn't be interested in this (at all, I don't think), and I honestly can't think of too many use cases for it, but maybe I'm just not being very creative. I will say that I'm not a fan of everything becoming a subscription service, as I think it's a way of centralizing goods and taking ownership/independence away from the people. A sort of corporate communism, if you will. I also suspect subscription services to be mostly about bilking more money from people without their noticing.
I think it's an interesting idea, but the implications really need to be thought about on a much grander scale before it's implemented.

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Somewhat interesting notion, a headphone subscription service. Is this what you're working on? I wouldn't be interested in this (at all, I don't think), and I honestly can't think of too many use cases for it, but maybe I'm just not being very creative. I will say that I'm not a fan of everything becoming a subscription service, as I think it's a way of centralizing goods and taking ownership/independence away from the people. A sort of corporate communism, if you will. I also suspect subscription services to be mostly about bilking more money from people without their noticing.
I think it's an interesting idea, but the implications really need to be thought about on a much grander scale before it's implemented.

haha yes that's called the shared economy and it's indeed becoming a very prominent business model. And yes it indeed takes ownership away from the user, but I see that as a good thing, for all parties (business, consumer, environment). Tho of course it also boils down to personal preference. As for bilking money away, unfortunately some companies will do so, regardless of them renting or selling products.

I don't want to give too much away about the subscription service (it's an actual existing service) here for people doing the survey but If you want to chat more about the topic I'm very much open to doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back