AC/DC Fans: It's Official
Feb 19, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 26
New 2/18 BIB vs previous remastered BIB
Compared to previous remastered version I have the new one is not really very much improvement sound wise, only consistent change/improvement I could hear on main stereo is "slightly" deeper more punchy bass and I had to listen very hard.

When I first played new 2/18 BIB I thought it was more detailed in midrange and treble, but when I pulled out previous version and closely compared several times they really are about the same...........overall this sounds great for 1980 rock CD and would hold its own today vs average new rock recording soundwise.

Feb 19, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 26
I'll probably pass then. I was wondering how they could possibly make it much better, as the original is quite good sounding IMO. Thanks for your impressions.

However, I have been waiting to get Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds, so I will probably pick those up at some point.

Feb 20, 2003 at 12:01 PM Post #20 of 26
I am pissed.
I ordered direct from Sony with the understanding that these would be shipped to arrive by 2/18. I don't think they have even been shipped yet and today is the 20th.
They better put that poster in a tube and not fold it up.
mad.gif

Feb 26, 2003 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 26
I am really pissed now. The way I see it is that everybody got their new releases but me.
mad.gif

I am still waiting for mine that I ordered from Sony directly. I sent them an email last week complaining about this. They did respond and were sorry of course. The did credit back 10 bucks from my order. Yesterday 2/25 I got that giant 4x6 foot poster. It's cool. I still have no cds, and DarkAngel has about worn his cds out by now.
biggrin.gif

I ordered from Sony thinking the service here would be like they do in the UK. Too bad it's not. I ordered stuff from Sony direct UK and had it in less than a week. Why can't I get stuff from my own country as fast?

Feb 26, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #22 of 26
Sounds like you are getting real VIP treatment..........
very_evil_smiley.gif

I always just wait till CD is released and never pre-order myself, often store will sell new release at sale price anyway.

Mar 11, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #23 of 26
TODAY 10 March 2003 I finally got my CDs that were promised by 18 February. Sony's version of priority mail is spelled media mail . I don't know where these have been, they were shipped on 2/17, but they are finally here.

Yes, I did tell Sony what I thought today.

Mar 11, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 26
Wow, that was great service!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just for kicks I went online to see what they were offering as bonus tracks for new Highway to Hell CD, so I went to special online site and inserted HTH in my computers CD drive to unlock my bonus tracks. Had to go all though many menus and update shockwave etc to access and play through software media player and what did I get........one live version of a track already on CD, what a joke!

Whoever came up with the idea of putting bonus tracks online should be fired immediately.

Mar 11, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Wow, that was great service!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just for kicks I went online to see what they were offering as bonus tracks for new Highway to Hell CD, so I went to special online site and inserted HTH in my computers CD drive to unlock my bonus tracks. Had to go all though many menus and update shockwave etc to access and play through software media player and what did I get........one live version of a track already on CD, what a joke!

Whoever came up with the idea of putting bonus tracks online should be fired immediately.

Sony is batting a thousand with this re-release aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back