Abyss AB-1266 TC vs HiFiman Susvara POLL

Please choose if you can only keep one:

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #76 of 104
On the Abyss and amp choice, I use the Moon 600i integrated speaker amp. 125W into 8ohms = about 25W into the Abyss 33 ohms I believe. They do sound really good off the 600i. The Abyss I find is picky on amps, some are powerful enough but just don't seem to gel with it for some reason. You can find the 600i used for about 4K. The signature of the amp is smooth and warmish, so IMO compliments the Abyss well. Bass control is excellent, and the mids tube like for a solid state amp.
Is there anyone else with a Susvara/TC and ENLEUM 23R for some comparisons???

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #77 of 104
I love the TC more but I respect the Susvara. The Susvaras do sound wonderful but always lacked that engaging bass I love from the TCs.

TC = Better Bass, EDM/Hip Hop Genres Extra Yummy

Susvara = Tonality and Timbre King, Better "All Rounder"

What really did it for me to NOT own the Susvara was the build, it feels like a slap in the face for a 6K retail headphone to be built so cheaply.

Sure many can argue it is all about the sound, but to each their own. I know a member on here who has replaced his Susvara 6 times in his lifetime of owning them.

I would mention who it is, but unsure if they would be upset at me, a well respected member for sure.

But despite the harsh comments, I do respect the Susvara for making a historical piece alongside the TC, these 2 cans are the Kings and Queens of the headphone game.

Susvara being the Queen.
(winks at Susvara owners ^_*)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #78 of 104
What really did it for me to NOT own the Susvara was the build, it feels like a slap in the face for a 6K retail headphone to be built so cheaply.

Sure many can argue it is all about the sound, but to each their own. I know a member on here who has replaced his Susvara 6 times in his lifetime of owning them.
that's pretty unlucky to experience problem 6 times in a roll! i also found most hifiman products are pretty cheaply build and not commensurate with the high price they're asking. despite this , i got sus, hekse and r10d and had not have any problem that need to return to the dealer for repair/replacement. even the pretty bad reputation ones like utopia og and stellia, i've no problem for over 3 yrs of ownership. in fact, i think i'm pretty lucky that i never got any wired headphones that need to return for repair/replacement. for wireless ones, however, quite frequently i've to go back for service due to one problem or another from different brands.

TC is great but just the wearing comfort is really bad (i could say the worst amongst all headphones i owned!) for big heads like me. the adjustment is way too limited even i got the newer build ver in 2022 which should allow for more adjustment. otherwise, the tuning is big fun - the bass impact is so great and different from all other headphones i got, which have to listen to in person to really appreciate. dms's video showed running over a TC by a vehicle and then the TC still functions perfectly normal save a few scratches is really amazing too!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #79 of 104
that's pretty unlucky to experience problem 6 times in a roll! i also found most hifiman products are pretty cheaply build and not commensurate with the high price they're asking. despite this , i got sus, hekse and r10d and had not have any problem that need to return to the dealer for repair/replacement. even the pretty bad reputation ones like utopia og and stellia, i've no problem for over 3 yrs of ownership. in fact, i think i'm pretty lucky that i never got any wired headphones that need to return for repair/replacement. for wireless ones, however, quite frequently i've to go back for service due to one problem or another from different brands.

TC is great but just the wearing comfort is really bad (i could say the worst amongst all headphones i owned!) for big heads like me. the adjustment is way too limited even i got the newer build ver in 2022 which should allow for more adjustment. otherwise, the tuning is big fun - the bass impact is so great and different from all other headphones i got, which have to listen to in person to really appreciate. dms's video showed running over a TC by a vehicle and then the TC still functions perfectly normal save a few scratches is really amazing too!
Yes. It is great to have two good options for people to choose from and for those lucky to own both, they are super blessed!

I am a minimalist at heart so only one headphone for me! It also gives me peace of mind knowing what each song sounds like intimately so when gear swaps happen, I can pinpoint what changes happened easier.

Part of the hobby. Part of the fun.

May 6, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #81 of 104
Hey, I have both headphones and to me Abyss more likable, but I also love Susvara and I think it’s really hard to choose which one is better, I think Abyss sound more like real good speakers system , but I’m not audiophile, I’m just music lover

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #82 of 104
Susvara scales differently with certain amps. I have them paired with Enleum 23R, but heard they are amazing with Zahl HM1 and Transformatic Primavera. This shootout would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #85 of 104
Susvara scales differently with certain amps. I have them paired with the but heard they are amazing with Enleum 23R, Zahl HM1, and Transformatic Primavera with Susvara? This shootout would be very helpful.
Has anyone compared luxman p-750u vs enleum 23 r vs transformatic primavera in terms of most open deep, wide and high sound stage with Susvara??

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #86 of 104
Yes. It is great to have two good options for people to choose from and for those lucky to own both, they are super blessed!

I am a minimalist at heart so only one headphone for me! It also gives me peace of mind knowing what each song sounds like intimately so when gear swaps happen, I can pinpoint what changes happened easier.

Part of the hobby. Part of the fun.
Rich people...

Aug 5, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #87 of 104
I got the Abyss AB 1266 Phi TC a few days ago and it absolutely rocks. Incredible beast of a headphone. Initial impressions overall I think I prefer the Susvara for most music due to the more natural sound but I haven't had the abyss long enough to truly evaluate it.

The abyss is incredible for a lot of music though. My only problem is I find myself wondering what I'm missing if I game with one or the other. I have found myself using the abyss a lot for gaming but I tried swapping to the susvara and realized how different the ambient sound was in a game I was playing.

With the abyss it sounded monstrous cavernous deep and dank, machine like, extremely realistic like I was inside of the area of the game. Wow what an amazing headphone. But I tried switching to the susvara and heard more detail in parts of the track but far less bass.

Not sure which one to use for gaming. I feel like I need to play every game twice now lol.

Aug 5, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #88 of 104
The abyss really sounds like a live show. It sounds like you went to a live edm or metal show. Susvara sounds more personal, more realistic lifelike timbre to the sound. Susvara sounds like actual instruments and heavenly detailed voices, while the Abyss sounds like the most optimal live set up ever imagined for an edm or metal show.

The bass on the Abyss just makes it so good for movies and gaming but I know I get more of a lifelike sound out of the susvara.. hard to decide between them. I am definitely keeping both.

Aug 5, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #89 of 104
The abyss really sounds like a live show. It sounds like you went to a live edm or metal show. Susvara sounds more personal, more realistic lifelike timbre to the sound. Susvara sounds like actual instruments and heavenly detailed voices, while the Abyss sounds like the most optimal live set up ever imagined for an edm or metal show.

The bass on the Abyss just makes it so good for movies and gaming but I know I get more of a lifelike sound out of the susvara.. hard to decide between them. I am definitely keeping both.
You've pretty much captured my thoughts.
I enjoy both headphones and am grateful to own both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back