Abyss 1266 Phi TC vs Audeze LCD5
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 26
Has a direct comparison between the LCD5’s and the Abyss 1266 Phi TC’s been made? I am hesitant to purchase the LCD5’s as I have and been enjoying the LCD4 headphones but in honesty I find the Abyss 1266 Phi TC’s to be so much better than any of my other headphones that I don’t want to purchase the LCD5’s and be disappointed. I find that the Phi TC’s are amazing. They blow away my LCD4 headphones and the LCD4 headphones are no slouches. The Phi TC’s don’t leave me wanting for more. I occasionally listen to the 4’s but quickly go back to the TC’s.
TC still makes LCD-5 sound woeful. I do find the LCD-5 balanced sounding but unremarkable. They made a mistake trying to make them stat-lite.

I'll likely leave with TC, Valkyria, SR1a and SR2a.

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 26
1266 gets special treatment hidden away from everyone. I don't even let people demo it.
I know a eq device is no good as it introduce crap but for the LCD 5 I'm getting Schiit lokius to bring up sub bass on it. I don't use Roon as I only stream from Apple, Tidal and Qobuz. Valkyria, you mean the Spirit Torino headphone that is not available right?

Abyss is for people who get dry humor, if you poke your 👃 at people get the Susvara. Just kidding

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #18 of 26
1266 gets special treatment hidden away from everyone. I don't even let people demo it.
I know a eq device is no good as it introduce crap but for the LCD 5 I'm getting Schiit lokius to bring up sub bass on it. I don't use Roon as I only stream from Apple, Tidal and Qobuz. Valkyria, you mean the Spirit Torino headphone that is not available right?

Abyss is for people who get dry humor, if you poke your 👃 at people get the Susvara. Just kidding
Yes, the Spirit Torino Valkyria.

Susvara is also for vegan soyies.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 26
No plant based burgers for me

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 26
Problem with Hifiman is the pads which make the sound overly hollow. The owner of the company is into orchestra music so he seems to cater in that direction Joe from Abyss is a Rocker and likes the bass of the 1266 more then his son's. Had a phone discussion about how all three are different in tastes.
It's better to make the headphone bass heavy because you can reduce it without causing distortion. When you add gain you can introduce distortion and that is what I learned from car audio. My joke is not against Vegans even though the crazy ones on YouTube classifies me as an abuser and murder. That's why they get dissed. Hifiman basically ignores sub bass and maybe the graph says it's neutral if it was there and I didn't like it the crummy eq on Apple won't distort by decreasing. Seems y'all use Roon. I'm very basic Qobuz from computer to DAC. Then You get USB is noisy and I'm like what noise I just hear music. Since 2018 I've been looking for that noise. That's when I got out of CDs and vinyl. Bought all those dump iFi USB iPurifier bologna. Anyways you red blooded meat eaten Merican you want Abyss 1266!!!

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 26
Problem with Hifiman is the pads which make the sound overly hollow. The owner of the company is into orchestra music so he seems to cater in that direction Joe from Abyss is a Rocker and likes the bass of the 1266 more then his son's. Had a phone discussion about how all three are different in tastes.
It's better to make the headphone bass heavy because you can reduce it without causing distortion. When you add gain you can introduce distortion and that is what I learned from car audio. My joke is not against Vegans even though the crazy ones on YouTube classifies me as an abuser and murder. That's why they get dissed. Hifiman basically ignores sub bass and maybe the graph says it's neutral if it was there and I didn't like it the crummy eq on Apple won't distort by decreasing. Seems y'all use Roon. I'm very basic Qobuz from computer to DAC. Then You get USB is noisy and I'm like what noise I just hear music. Since 2018 I've been looking for that noise. That's when I got out of CDs and vinyl. Bought all those dump iFi USB iPurifier bologna. Anyways you red blooded meat eaten Merican you want Abyss 1266!!!
Haha, I think it's actually hilarious. :)

Since you tested all 3, I've been wondering... if you were to settle with 2 of the 3 (1266, Sus, LCD5) would you rather do 1266 + Sus, or 1266 + LCD5? I feel like 1266 stands on its own and it's more of a Sus vs LCD5 based on what I'm reading. I'm still waiting on my LCD5 so I'm waiting to hear them.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #23 of 26
Please don't take me seriously don't want to offend anyone just joking around. But Abyss 1266 the best headphone for me.
ZMF pads on Hifiman makes them thicker so if you own round like he400 try Aurture pads.

If I find LCD 5 to be thin in the bass of my opinion of bass then hopefully the Schiit Lokius will help.

Favorite is LCD3 then lcd2 both are rich with good treble and lushes Bass.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #24 of 26
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #25 of 26
It must have been a meat craving. My sincerest apologies. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I love my Bengal I got him in a headphone trade. I'm not going to let a animal end up in a shelter. Like the cat I'm a meat eater. I never hear the crazy Vegans calling dogs and cats murders when their food comes from live stock. 🙄

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #26 of 26
Haha, I think it's actually hilarious. :)

Since you tested all 3, I've been wondering... if you were to settle with 2 of the 3 (1266, Sus, LCD5) would you rather do 1266 + Sus, or 1266 + LCD5? I feel like 1266 stands on its own and it's more of a Sus vs LCD5 based on what I'm reading. I'm still waiting on my LCD5 so I'm waiting to hear them.
I just added the LCD 5 to my list I'm waiting in line for headphones.com to ship it. It's going to stay. I'm looking at selling my Modded TH900 mk2 and my Atticus. Got the Atticus from guy who gave me the $5,000 cat. Merlin is his name he is part Asian leopard and Domesticated full breed. He is in the hybrid family if cats half wild half domesticated. Cool fact he jumps 8 ft and got into my drop ceiling in my basement. I freaked out thought I had a rat.

PXL_20210406_004025461.jpg
Don’t worry he doesn’t shed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back