Absolutely Love my New Amp!
Aug 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DaisXiled

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

So I got into improving my sound quality back in December.  My first steps into the area consisted of the E11 amp from FiiO and Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones.  I've always been partial to over ear, closed style headphones and was ecstatic at the results I got.  Recently though I've been interested in expanding my collection, but still wasn't quite ready to jump into the deeper end of the pool ($$$).  I found a used (but in terrific condition) JDS Labs C421 with the AD8620 and decided to make the purchase.  I have to say I'm impressed the new* amp.  I found the E11 to be enjoyable, but the music felt closer to me ears.  I kind of equate it to being in a 4ft by 4ft room with the band while they play.  The EQ2 setting was wonderful at giving the M50s some extra thump in the hip hop music I listened to, however was way to present in any other style of music.  Now the C421 on the other hand left me feeling like I was swimming in the music, like it was further away yet still all around me.  The low end felt like it went deeper, however even with the bass boost on it didn't quite thump like the e11 did with hip hop.  But for all the other genres of music I've ran it through I am amazed by how many little details I've been missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back