Absolute Best Diana Krall Songs
Jun 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

norymeoreason41

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I have some Pepsi Points to spend on Amazon and want to download a couple of Diana Krall's songs. I have actually never heard Diana, but see the rave reviews on this site. So, my question is, if you could download any 2 songs of Diana's, which would they be?

Thanks!

Jun 14, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 14
A Case Of You - from her live in Paris CD - She didn't write it, but does a great version of it.

Jun 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 14
2x, love this song.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boulevard of broken dreams from her "All for you" album: listen here
Is one of her songs that I like most.

Rgrds

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boulevard of broken dreams from her "All for you" album: listen here
Is one of her songs that I like most.

Rgrds

I agree, though almost everything from her All for you, love scenes, when I look... is very nice.
Much better then what she did lately ; listen to that same Boulevard of broken dreams on the recent album 'from this moment on' and she seems to have lost her timing and emotional weight completely.

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 14
x3 Temptation

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 14
My favorite release from her is The Look Of Love. Very good SQ. My second favorite is the Live In Paris DVD.

4AFF9B345CA54866BA845E4DE5BFAC21.jpg

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 14
"Boulevard" is truly a luscious song, she gets low and sultry with that one.

"My Love" is pure. Standing bass and her voice.

I gravitate back to her first album quite a bit though, particularly the "Body and Soul" track. I'm not quite sure what to think about the recording, though. It's hissy, but that's not so bothersome. It's a very dynamic track, with pretty intense vocal and piano note crecendos. Also quite revealing with breath intakes, bench creaks, lip smacks, etc.

FWIW, I'm quite disappointed with her new "From this Moment On" CD. Nothing on it really resonates with me.

Otherwise, I have all her other discs, and even bought multiple versions of some of her discs - SACD, DVD-Audio, CD, DTS-CD, argh!

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FWIW, I'm quite disappointed with her new "From this Moment On" CD. Nothing on it really resonates with me.

Otherwise, I have all her other discs, and even bought multiple versions of some of her discs - SACD, DVD-Audio, CD, DTS-CD, argh!

I've got a couple of the albums in multiple formats as well...
smily_headphones1.gif

Saw her at the Hollywood Bowl on two nights too!
biggrin.gif

I really liked Little Girl Blue on the "From This Moment On" CD. There were a few other great tracks, but overall this wasn't one of her best albums.

I'd also agree that "A Case of You" on her live in Paris album was one of her very best. Hearing it live is nearly orgasmic...

Another worth mentioning is her rendition of "I'll String Along With You" from her "When I Look in Your Eyes" album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back