Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #1,216 of 2,999
Anybody feels that vido bemefit from amping? I still can't decide. Maybe a placebo but i think the mid bass are tighter with amping?

Yes, but not that much. It sounds clearer and tighter for sure but not day and night difference

May 16, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #1,224 of 2,999
There should slund the same. But my white vido sound too soft after amping incident. They're at my friends. BTW my white vido sound off balance around 5% perhaps. Louder on the right side. But no biggie. The blue one arrived. With no problem out of the box
I guess that may be due to amping incident and not otherwise. Or both should sound same. I guess you mentioned that white sounded great initially and only when that incident happened, it started sounding soft. Also, when you say soft, does that mean no bass and no treble too and just plain and flat sounding?

May 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,225 of 2,999
Any other Aliexpress stores other than NiceHCK store to buy Vido? NiceHCK is asking almost the same price as the Vido earbud for shipping.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #1,226 of 2,999
I guess that may be due to amping incident and not otherwise. Or both should sound same. I guess you mentioned that white sounded great initially and only when that incident happened, it started sounding soft. Also, when you say soft, does that mean no bass and no treble too and just plain and flat sounding?
if youre coming from monk+ the after overamping the mid mass sound a bit soft. My friend just returned my white vido. Will compare.

But to be honest, with my desktop dac and amp vido sound so transparent. I dont mind amping it a little bit. But just because if i don't pair my mystery dac with amp it sound awful and distort.

Normal phone or DAP sound great with vido but my dac sound even better. It's just a cheap no name dac I bought. By itself it sound lean and uninspiring. Tamed it with desktop amp and it shines, very analogue sounding, open and spacious. Last night i enjoyed it very much listening to Alexis Cole binaural album, it reminds me of hifiman planar.

May 17, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,227 of 2,999
if youre coming from monk+ the after overamping the mid mass sound a bit soft. My friend just returned my white vido. Will compare.

But to be honest, with my desktop dac and amp vido sound so transparent. I dont mind amping it a little bit. But just because if i don't pair my mystery dac with amp it sound awful and distort.

Normal phone or DAP sound great with vido but my dac sound even better. It's just a cheap no name dac I bought. By itself it sound lean and uninspiring. Tamed it with desktop amp and it shines, very analogue sounding, open and spacious. Last night i enjoyed it very much listening to Alexis Cole binaural album, it reminds me of hifiman planar.
What is Amping? Use Earbuds with some Amplifier? I use PowerAmp App for Android to listen to the music but that is only app and not actual physical amplifier.

May 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #1,228 of 2,999
What is Amping? Use Earbuds with some Amplifier? I use PowerAmp App for Android to listen to the music but that is only app and not actual physical amplifier.

Why does someone with 400+ posts need to ask this question? Why are these questions asked?

May 17, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,229 of 2,999
It just a figure of speech. Yes i use actual amplifier albeit a modest one. O2 amplifier from JSDlabs. Poweramp are just an app to play music. It won't amplify anything. At worst it will color the sound, if you fiddle with it too much.

Actual amplifier, a good one, will benefit for some low impedance earbud like monk or TY. For high impedance earbud it's a must. Unless your phone use some DEDICATED internal dac and amp your phone output will likely have a weak power. Only adequate for small diagphrame iem or BA. IPhone output generally a little better than regular android. YMMV

Go to a store and try an amp for yourself.

May 18, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #1,230 of 2,999
Why does someone with 400+ posts need to ask this question? Why are these questions asked?
I think that's one the of reasons long time and true contributors to this thread (and the other earbud threads) have almost all deserted this thread. Myself I almost no longer come here. True earbud afficionados will be more satisfied and less frustrated by being part of Earbud Anonymous group of FB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back