Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jan 9, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #316 of 2,999
I like this album by Chesky:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdZhik4dyFHrzs60Bc8YBTTq-pspweDY_

Again with **** PT15 it sounds great, excellent detail, separation and soundstage. :smiley:

Geez it looks like I will have to get Qian39 sooner or later ...:smiley:

I'm buying every budget ear bud and iem from each brand name and am going make my assumptions. It's sad that I have to spend the money to do this... I thought it would be easier to just get the information reading reviews, but people's opinions are so very different.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #317 of 2,999
  I'm buying every budget ear bud and iem from each brand name and am going make my assumptions. It's sad that I have to spend the money to do this... I thought it would be easier to just get the information reading reviews, but people's opinions are so very different.

Either sell all the ones you dont like in the classifieds, or as people have very wisely suggested before, it takes time, but read the thread and figure out what people's preferences are, and then compare their opinions on the same buds bassed on that.

But let's be honest. First hand judgement is the best thing you can do. So i vote sell the ones you don't like here on the site.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #318 of 2,999

Just wait until you start buying every TOTL earbud around! Usually reviews are not enough for $100+ earbuds either...

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #319 of 2,999

I hate strong bass while @vapman loves it. Yet, we can both like E808+ which has strong bass.
He hates Ty Hi-Z 32, while I like it. Yet, Ty Hi-Z 32 has the closest sound signature to E808+.

It confusing, even for "experts", so don't worry too much about wrong choices.
You will get there, just hope the money doesn't run out before then.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #320 of 2,999

I hate strong bass while @vapman loves it. Yet, we can both like E808+ which has strong bass.
He hates Ty Hi-Z 32, while I like it. Yet, Ty Hi-Z 32 has the closest sound signature to E808+.

your ears like what they like

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #322 of 2,999

I wonder if the Colarad headphone sounds the same as the Ty HI-Z 32? I bought the Colarad... I'm trying to buy at least one pair for every brand so I can let people know my thoughts to better their own decisions in the future.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #323 of 2,999
  I wonder if the Colarad headphone sounds the same as the Ty HI-Z 32? I bought the Colarad... I'm trying to buy at least one pair for every brand so I can let people know my thoughts to better their own decisions in the future.

I think the Philips SHE3800 is only at Fasttech, someone if i am wrong please do correct me. Unless you are in the UK, I remember seeing a few links from eBay UK for them

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #324 of 2,999

I think it same as 32s/32r but with red shells. These should be the best representation of TY Hi-Z 32 series currently retailing. All the reds should have a more cohesive sound & stronger midrange than TY32 (L-plug).

Start with minimum of Monk+, E808+(or TY32), Qian39 & SHE3800 to figure out which direction you musical taste takes you. If you are lucky, 1 of these 4 might already be just perfect for you. And, of course, more buds would also means better idea of what available. I also like the K64(white) as a brighter alternative to Monk Plus (but without the depth of stage).

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #325 of 2,999
Hi hope the post not offensive especially for makers. It's always good to have budget earpieces that perform as good as the expensive ones. And fo u guys opened up the ear buds and looked into the materials(dd,diapgram or ba etc). Beside good sound, good materials is another important things to consider when we want consistent and good lasting sound though eventually the dishpan will break.

Maybe can share with newbies on some of the better built budget earpieces.Thanks.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #326 of 2,999

I think it same as 32s/32r but with red shells. These should be the best representation of TY Hi-Z 32 series currently retailing. All the reds should have a more cohesive sound & stronger midrange than TY32 (L-plug).

Start with minimum of Monk+, E808+(or TY32), Qian39 & SHE3800 to figure out which direction you musical taste takes you. If you are lucky, 1 of these 4 might already be just perfect for you. And, of course, more buds would also means better idea of what available. I also like the K64(white) as a brighter alternative to Monk Plus (but without the depth of stage).

I bought all those headphones AND, MORE :wink: Except for the Monk+ and TY32 (Bought Colorad, as you know). I'll let you guys know in a month or two (shipping time{) what I think of all your personal choices. :wink: I prefer headphones with a beauty to them, haven't we all seen enough stock black headphones (OR Beats, ugh!)?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #327 of 2,999
  My budget for ear buds/iems is no more than $30.00 or so, so I won't be buying every headphone. :wink: I will mainly buy ones under $15.00 U.S.

That's exactly how I reasoned in 2008/2009 when I started with Yuin PK3. Back then there were no good sounding earbuds under $35 and Yuin PK3 was the best bang for the buck in the earbud world. It certainly is different now!

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #328 of 2,999
  That's exactly how I reasoned in 2008/2009 when I started with Yuin PK3. Back then there were no good sounding earbuds under $35 and Yuin PK3 was the best bang for the buck in the earbud world. It certainly is different now!

Yeah, dark days for earbuds then. The absolute best sounding budget earbud I could find was TDK EB100 (about $5). I still have a few & just listened again. It's like a less energetic SHE3800, with everything below mid-bass & above mid-treble chopped off. Fantastic comfort & good fit though. I would still use them if I have nothing else on me, but I always have something better on me nowadays :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #329 of 2,999

Which ones do you prefer? I wonder if there is some link we could click for each user that tells us what they like? Like in their Bio?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #330 of 2,999

Yeah, dark days for earbuds then. The absolute best sounding budget earbud I could find was TDK EB100 (about $5). I still have a few & just listened again. It's like a less energetic SHE3800, with everything below mid-bass & above mid-treble chopped off. Fantastic comfort & good fit though. I would still use them if I have nothing else on me, but I always have something better on me nowadays :)

I doubled my budget and bought PK2. At the time something like PK1 was too much and I didn't want to use a portable amp. So I went into the vintage earbuds game. After a while there my previous spending limits had vanished...
Now is a happy time compared to then for earbud lovers (except for our wallets).

Which ones do you prefer? I wonder if there is some link we could click for each user that tells us what they like? Like in their Bio?

You can click ony my profile to see a list of the 10 earbuds I own and like the most. As soon as I have sold an earbud I remove it from the list.

There aren't any budget earbuds there but to me Monk+ and TY HiZ HP32 are my favorite budget earbuds. If you move up to around $35, Tomahawk is really great (but some do not like it).

Those are my three sub $50 favorite earbuds. There are a few between $50-100 that are pretty good but other than that I try to only focus on $100+ earbuds nowadays. My budget is not huge but portable audio is pretty much the only hobby I spend money on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back