Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 8, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #422 of 2,999
good question, i'll post in the coming weeks a better comparison. it's difficult to say right now. My immediate impressions are that they are both great earbuds without any drastic differences in quality.. but don't hold me to that...i might change my mind

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #425 of 2,999
  is it better than your k's 64 black?

Hey, just listening a bit this morning. Another quick impression is that K 64 better in every way to ty hi-z32 but bass, which is more pronounced on ty hi-z 32, and maybe i shouldn't even say better, cuz im not sure bass quality is better on ty hi-z 32ohm, k's 64 ohm performed better an bass shaker test, its just not as immediatly pronounced. I think i was just excited about the ty hi-z yesterday cuz they sounded so good right out of the package...but I'll post another comparison chart sometime. i Have a bunch of $5-15 buds now. Fareal 32ohm ( http://tinyurl.com/gmlptmg ) are good as well, and the best cable out of any earbud imo . The differences are so subtle amongst all the buds, and when comparing more than 2 it becomes exponentially more difficult. Also, while im not entirely a burn in believer, I have found my ears get accustomed to sound signatures over time and what once sounded (eg) harsh or detailed or mid centric can later sound smooth, normal, or high/low, etc. I really do love the earbud renaissance going on but i might have to cut back soon, i have too many earbuds!

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #426 of 2,999
  Hey, just listening a bit this morning. Another quick impression is that K 64 better in every way to ty hi-z32 but bass, which is more pronounced on ty hi-z 32, and maybe i shouldn't even say better, cuz im not sure bass quality is better on ty hi-z 32ohm, k's 64 ohm performed better an bass shaker test, its just not as immediatly pronounced. I think i was just excited about the ty hi-z yesterday cuz they sounded so good right out of the package...but I'll post another comparison chart sometime. i Have a bunch of $5-15 buds now. Fareal 32ohm ( http://tinyurl.com/gmlptmg ) are good as well, and the best cable out of any earbud imo . The differences are so subtle amongst all the buds, and when comparing more than 2 it becomes exponentially more difficult. Also, while im not entirely a burn in believer, I have found my ears get accustomed to sound signatures over time and what once sounded (eg) harsh or detailed or mid centric can later sound smooth, normal, or high/low, etc. I really do love the earbud renaissance going on but i might have to cut back soon, i have too many earbuds!

Too many? You have the disease my friend.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #429 of 2,999
I'm continued to be impressed with the Qian 39! It's got everything for $5! In case you missed it, highly recommended. Some sellers include the silver case, others don't. Also L jack or straight. The only color that I've seen on Aliexpress is black.  The Qian39 is the most comfortable earbud that I own. It is the closest thing to not wearing earbuds!  Compared to my TY HP650, the Qian 39 are has more limited soundstage and less detail resolution. But it is still maybe 70 or 80% as good! $5 vs. $100+. Of course the difference can be huge, depending on the production quality of the source. 

I wish there was a representative from Qian on Head-Fi! I'd love to pay more for a version with a better quality, higher gauge cable (twisted silver would be nice) and premium plug.

By the way, the hardware - plug and cable is adequate. I have problems with the plugs from SHE3800 and Sony 808+  both need an extender with V10 to get solid connection.. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #431 of 2,999
  I'm continued to be impressed with the Qian 39! It's got everything for $5! In case you missed it, highly recommended. Some sellers include the silver case, others don't. Also L jack or straight. The only color that I've seen on Aliexpress is black.  The Qian39 is the most comfortable earbud that I own. It is the closest thing to not wearing earbuds!  Compared to my TY HP650, the Qian 39 are has more limited soundstage and less detail resolution. But it is still maybe 70 or 80% as good! $5 vs. $100+. Of course the difference can be huge, depending on the production quality of the source. 

I wish there was a representative from Qian on Head-Fi! I'd love to pay more for a version with a better quality, higher gauge cable (twisted silver would be nice) and premium plug.

By the way, the hardware - plug and cable is adequate. I have problems with the plugs from SHE3800 and Sony 808+  both need an extender with V10 to get solid connection.. 

There is a Qian69 out there, not sure if anyone has a pair...i'll check on CLIEOS' thread. from my understanding it was not really "budget" though.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #433 of 2,999
I found qian39 getting better and better in mids and highs department but deteriorate in lows. The mid bass is still excellent albeit slower. I once mention that I wish the bass on qian39 are sculpted better like monk+.. But I realize the extra reverberation is the way it reproduce bass. The bad thing is the distortion below 30hz. sometimes they rattle and creak sometimes not. Only with couple of track though.

I'm betting on another order of qian39

How many of yours distort at extreme low? I'm hoping they're just qc error. Mine is straight jack version.

What I really like about it is how excellent it reproduce sweeping frequency. Maybe the words for it is fluidity transition between frequency . It's unheard (to me at least) in this price range. She3800 have same fluidity but only a fraction of it. How other qians compared?

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #434 of 2,999
I found qian39 getting better and better in mids and highs department but deteriorate in lows. The mid bass is still excellent albeit slower. I once mention that I wish the bass on qian39 are sculpted better like monk+.. But I realize the extra reverberation is the way it reproduce bass. The bad thing is the distortion below 30hz. sometimes they rattle and creak sometimes not. Only with couple of track though.

I'm betting on another order of qian39

How many of yours distort at extreme low? I'm hoping they're just qc error. Mine is straight jack version.

What I really like about it is how excellent it reproduce sweeping frequency. Maybe the words for it is fluidity transition between frequency . It's unheard (to me at least) in this price range. She3800 have same fluidity but only a fraction of it. How other qians compared?

Can you cite an example song if available on youtube and where it occurs in the track? Thanks!

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #435 of 2,999
Can you cite an example song if available on youtube and where it occurs in the track? Thanks!

I'm not sure about links but most of Alexis Cole track from Dazzling Blue and Kiss in the dark.

Bimini Bay. Intro from start.
Love. From start from 10 sec right side.
Another galaxy.. Start from 10 sec also right side.

Oddly enough I listening to the track right now at -4db (Samsung s1 - Spotify) and not a single distortion occurs. Hmm. Was it just another burn in progress?

I will document if another track occurs aside of Alexis Cole album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back