Abrahamsen V6 DAC
Aug 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #137 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by reverendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've even called Norway, but NOBODY answers that phone listed as contact on Abrahamsen's site.
BTW, if anyone can help me out giving me interesting hints on a DAC/Pre I would be very grateful.

This Company does not seem to be interested in selling it's audio equipment overseas. My emails have not been responded to.

If you're interested in the Abrahamsen, perhaps you should also look into a used Electrocompaniet ECD-1.

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #138 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Company does not seem to be interested in selling it's audio equipment overseas. My emails have not been responded to.

If you're interested in the Abrahamsen, perhaps you should also look into a used Electrocompaniet ECD-1.

Hi there,
thanks for answering. I'm very aware of the ECD-1, but was rather attracted by the Abrahamsen V6 because of it's price. The ECD-1 is far more costly and can be had for more or less US$ 1000,00 on audiogon.
I'm almost giving up on this one, but I'm very curious about it's performance. I might be able to buy one, but don't want to do it without more information, especially from users.
Thanks a lot again and hope you get some info.
best regards
André

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #141 of 204
I have some connections in Norway so I might be able to help someone getting it shipped from Norway.

Who would be interested?

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #145 of 204
Quote:

Depending on costs, I would be interested.

It's just the cost of the unit itself (free shipping from shop to my middleman) + shipping from Norway to you. Anyone else?

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #146 of 204
As far as I know voltage in Norway is 230V, if this DAC doesn't have voltage selector I doubt that they have US or Brazil voltage compatible units for sale there. Voltage converter is an option too, but if it were me I would rather not go to that road.

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #147 of 204
I can mention that the price for one unit is 3995NOK which equals 675USD (04-SEPTEMBER-2009)

Quote:

As far as I know voltage in Norway is 230V

Ye, 220V.

Quote:

if this DAC doesn't have voltage selector

I don't think it has, based on their unwillingness to ship outside Norway.

Quote:

Voltage converter is an option too, but if it were me I would rather not go to that road.

What do you actually loose using a voltage converter? It's the opposite story for me. Quite a few amps and DACs from the US only use 110V.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #148 of 204
Niemion,
I'd be very interested in getting one. Have you heard one yet? Did you get a chance to compare it?
In Brasilia, the city I live in, the voltage is 220V 60Hz so it would be perfect. In Brazil and in the States it is very easy to get a 220V output, since you only have to put both wires together. I always prefer 220V at home, even when the native voltage is 110V.
I would agree with argentum regarding the voltage converter. It normally does cap dynamics, creates some noise, etc.
Since I won't have that problem I'd be very interested in your offer, niemion.
Unfortanately we have 60% tax on imported goods here in Brazil so I'd have to see if I have a friend that is coming from the States or Europe. If it had been a week ago it would have been perfect, since my sister-in-law was in Europe. She got back today.
At the moment I have a Dacmagic and would love to know how the Abrahamsen fares against it.
Thanks a lot in advance
best regards
André

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #149 of 204
Quote:

Unfortanately we have 60% tax on imported goods here in Brazil

Haha and I thought we in Europe are cursed with value added tax and customs rates. It is much more reasonable than in Brazil. I sincerely pity you, hope your little trick works.

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #150 of 204
60 % tax.
eek.gif
That's insane. I thought our 22 % was like the highest there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back