About to pull the trigger on the AD700s
Jul 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be running through a (quality) soundcard and amp, so I don't think the bass will be a problem. I haven't gotten the soundcard or amp yet, but I will be in the near future now that I HAVE JUST ORDERED THE AD700!

Oh man the wait is killing me. and BTW I didn't go with the MS1/i because those are known as "rocker" headphones, and although I listen to mostly rock, these are doubling as gaming cans as well as for a few other genres of music.

EDIT:
If you have any suggestions for a ~$100 amp, I just made a thread in the amp forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

MS1i does excel somewhat for string instruments such as guitar in rock, but it stands for "Music Series". A more "rocker only" headphone would be the Grados, which again, still isn't limiting to rock music. However the music series is directed at a wider range of genres.... hence the name.

I listen to many genres on mine. I gamed with it last night, it was fine. It won't explode if you use it for gaming, lol.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adreneline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS1i does excel somewhat for string instruments such as guitar in rock, but it stands for "Music Series". A more "rocker only" headphone would be the Grados, which again, still isn't limiting to rock music. However the music series is directed at a wider range of genres.... hence the name.

I listen to many genres on mine. I gamed with it last night, it was fine. It won't explode if you use it for gaming, lol.

haha I actually laughed at that comment. Yeah I know they won't explode but the sound stage on the AD700 kind of drew me to it a bit more than the MS1i. It was a very close decision, believe me. Who knows, maybe I'll end up buying those too. After all, I am on head-fi, the killer of wallets.

Also JayB18 - I will take a look at that soundcard - since this is for college listening, I may be better off with more compact equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back