About to pull the plug on HFI 580
Jan 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #46 of 62
Ok, it's up now. Check that link ^^^

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #50 of 62

Quote:
So, i made my decision and am going with the hfi 580. Would an amp make it even better by a large margin? If so I'm thinking an e7 or e11.

Tricky question.

The puritan in me would suggest yes they would make them better.

The everyday dude in me would tell you that you are probably going to drop more money into them expecting life changing results and then ultimately becoming displeased with your purchase due to its either minimal boost in overall SQ or it may even end up changing the overall sound of the headphones from what you originally liked with your original sources to something not as pleasing to your ear. Ultimately this would end up with the average consumer crying in a corner wondering if they don't have a golden ear to hear the differences because they expect so much due to all the praising a certain amp has.

I like to argue against myself, clearly.

Overall, though, don't be afraid to explore! There is a reason we all say "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet" 
bigsmile_face.gif

- Personally, I like the sound of the zo2 paired with the 580s for hip-hop/rap/electronic dance music/gaming. For any other genres, just don't adjust the sound contour. 
*Tried to take into account your original post mentioning you listen to these genres, and others*

It would be an excellent tack on for what you've listed your sources to be.
(Not the cleanest sound, but it would definitely make them (the 580s) more engaging, add enigmatic bass, and just damn fun to listen to music with).

One thing is for certain, however, and that is the fact that you've chosen a grand headphone to get your feet wet with. Watch out for the upgrade bug.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #51 of 62
Pull the plug? That's something you say when you are taking a loved one of life support and letting them die......like if you couldn't fix them and they were out of warranty "pull the plug"..

I think you mean pull the trigger? Which is funny cause that could also be taken negatively
tongue.gif
Go for it!

Everyone complains about comfort, but i've found them to be fine and i have a huge head....with time they should clamp less i figure.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #52 of 62
Quote:
So, i made my decision and am going with the hfi 580. Would an amp make it even better by a large margin? If so I'm thinking an e7 or e11.

Tricky question.

The puritan in me would suggest yes they would make them better.

The everyday dude in me would tell you that you are probably going to drop more money into them expecting life changing results and then ultimately becoming displeased with your purchase due to its either minimal boost in overall SQ or it may even end up changing the overall sound of the headphones from what you originally liked with your original sources to something not as pleasing to your ear. Ultimately this would end up with the average consumer crying in a corner wondering if they don't have a golden ear to hear the differences because they expect so much due to all the praising a certain amp has.

I like to argue against myself, clearly.

Overall, though, don't be afraid to explore! There is a reason we all say "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet" 
bigsmile_face.gif

- Personally, I like the sound of the zo2 paired with the 580s for hip-hop/rap/electronic dance music/gaming. For any other genres, just don't adjust the sound contour. 
*Tried to take into account your original post mentioning you listen to these genres, and others*

It would be an excellent tack on for what you've listed your sources to be.
(Not the cleanest sound, but it would definitely make them (the 580s) more engaging, add enigmatic bass, and just damn fun to listen to music with).

One thing is for certain, however, and that is the fact that you've chosen a grand headphone to get your feet wet with. Watch out for the upgrade bug.

Thanks. How's the zo2 compare to the e7 or e11? I want a better clear crisp sound with a better punch with the bass, but not too bassy where my ears start to feel weird (tingle) from an overwhelmed bass.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #53 of 62
the zo2 adds a considerable amount of bass to the 580's and unless you're an insane basshead i dont think its necessary. The 580's are fairly easy to drive, an amp isnt really needed. For a crisp clean sound id recommend grabbing a nice dac rather than an amp. The e7 serves as both (dac and amp) so if you had to choose from the e7 and e11, id recommend the e7. But the new e17 has just been released and based on reviews the e17 would be another good option. If portability isnt a big thing id say grab an e10.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #54 of 62
I read CLIEOS review and knew about it before
http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/01/impression-digizoid-zo23-bass-deluxe.html

and it basically said everything i thought about it. a novelty amp with a sound signature and features that are new and fun to play with..but overal. not really an amp amp. i have the E17. and i am loving the sound and bass boost comming out of it. You can see if other HFI 580 owners that have the ZO2 and E11 like which one...but for me. i like the fiio sound and bass boost with HFI580. i'm not saying anything about getting the E11 or ZO2. i don't have those. i am just saying. i love the HFI 580 with the E17.

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #56 of 62

Quote:
E17 is most likely out of my budget, I'd like to spend less than 100 on a amp. But I'm just curious, Do they sell the e17 in the US? also how much is it?

I know it was out of ur budget. I dont have the e11 so i cant say its better for hfi. I just mad a comparisson that i liked fiio amps with mine. They do sell in U.S ! Out of stock roght now though. Second btach in late february probably for a price of $140

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #58 of 62

Quote:
Ah okay thank you. Do you know if b&h is going to sell them? If not, what's another reputable online store with both the 580 and e17.

Amazon will at somepoint have the e17 but i dont recommend it. It wont be there for months. And hfi 580 is expensive there. Beat to buy seperatetly. Look on fiio website for official distros. Micca and headphone bar are one of them. 

The e17 wont be avaible for abbit bc they have no stock. Their next batch in late feb early march will probably be sold out anyway. And other than micca i dont think any other american fiio distro that grts these first does fullfilment theough amazon. Im guessing two months plus for amazon. Plus it is usually more expensive for some headphones there. 580 cheap with free shipping on bh

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #59 of 62

Quote:
Ah okay thank you. Do you know if b&h is going to sell them? If not, what's another reputable online store with both the 580 and e17.

Amazon will at somepoint have the e17 but i dont recommend it. It wont be there for months. And hfi 580 is expensive there. Beat to buy seperatetly. Look on fiio website for official distros. Micca and headphone bar are one of them. 

The e17 wont be avaible for abbit bc they have no stock. Their next batch in late feb early march will probably be sold out anyway. And other than micca i dont think any other american fiio distro that grts these first does fullfilment theough amazon. Im guessing two months plus for amazon. Plus it is usually more expensive for some headphones there. 580 cheap with free shipping on bh

Oh okay have you heard any discussion about the e7 vs e11?

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #60 of 62

Quote:
Oh okay have you heard any discussion about the e7 vs e11?

those are old models(not really, but u know what i mean. E7 is a bit over a year to 2. and E11...is like almost a year) there is qutie a bit on the two in the threads and online. reviews for the E11 and or E7 usually include the other in it's comparisson. I could give you a summary of them. but i would get yelled at again as i don't have the two. it would be best to just go on a journey yourself. searching anything with those terms should give you a wealth of info on it. u just need to piece it together sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back