About to pull the plug on HFI 580
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #31 of 62
I will make a quick tutorial in a new thread and then I will post it up here in case some people are still confused on how to braid the cable.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #33 of 62
I upgraded from SRH440 to hfi 580 and have written a review on it (did you possibly read by chance?) both are good at their own things. the Shure's just aren't 100% good with mainstream music with them being too analytical and not as colored sounding as i would like them to be. the Ultrasone's were perfect :D i'm pairing with E17 :D

Any questions on Shure or Ultrasone? If you did read my review, any comments on how it was and if i should iprove or clarify anything? amps? DAC's?

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #35 of 62

Quote:
Could you please post the review. Sorry I'm in my iPhone

http://www.head-fi.org/t/583344/ultrasone-hfi-580-dj1-review

it's the first review to show up ....if you type ultrasone hfi 580 review or anything close to that. There are also other good ones out there. i recommend reading all of them :D

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #36 of 62
That braiding looks good and the guide would be very helpful. However, I can't help thinking that it will still be bulky and heavy though as the amount of cable hasn't changed despite being a more manageable length. Also, it badly needs a right-angled jack.

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #38 of 62
The DJ1 doesn't have a replaceable cable, it's just coiled instead of straight. The DJ1 Pro is totally different headphone which is identical to the Pro550 except for aesthetics. It does have replaceable cables like the rest of the PRO line.

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #39 of 62

Quote:
The DJ1 doesn't have a replaceable cable, it's just coiled instead of straight. The DJ1 Pro is totally different headphone which is identical to the Pro550 except for aesthetics. It does have replaceable cables like the rest of the PRO line.

+1 to this comment. DJ1 is not removable or replaceable as said. it is also $40 more. if it had a case like the pro i could justify it. but it doesn't have a carrying case.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #41 of 62

Quote:
Damn wish they all came with short cords.
Would there be a superior headphone under $150. I guess I'll just braid the cord.

i don't have them but the audio technica pro 700mk2 are also popular. don't know too much about them you could go and give them a look if you want.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #42 of 62

Quote:
Okay, thank you because I tried doing it with a shoelace, and couldn't figure it out correctly.

Quote:
That braiding looks good and the guide would be very helpful. However, I can't help thinking that it will still be bulky and heavy though as the amount of cable hasn't changed despite being a more manageable length. Also, it badly needs a right-angled jack.

Quote:
Damn wish they all came with short cords.
Would there be a superior headphone under $150. I guess I'll just braid the cord.

Sorry, been busy with spending hours trying to figure out playlists on this stupid Clip+
angry_face.gif
Still can't figure it out.

I'll have a pretty good explanation/short clip on how to braid the cable within the next 3 hours.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #44 of 62
Got the E17...gotta say.
E17 + Lossless CD ripped tracks + USB,Optical,Aux(i used all 3) in + Ultrasone HFI 580 = Amazing!

in caes the OP or anyone wanted to know. the EQ just takes it to a diff level. 6dB Gain is all you need. you will blow your ears off on 12dB gain. the HFI 580 is a easy to drive (greater than 100dB sensitivity) at 32 Ohms. the E17 pushes 215mW at this impendance. be careful!
Comparisson:ipod and iphone's push 15mW @ 16 Ohms .........and who knows..~10mW @ 32 ohms

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #45 of 62

Quote:
Okay no problem, hope to see it soon! :D

My DIY braiding thread is up. Youtube says my video will be uploaded and up in about 82 mins
confused_face.gif
So check back in 1-2 hours.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593066/diy-video-how-to-braid-long-cords-hfi-580-ath-m50-etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back