About to order Schiit Lyr... is it the right amp
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bkew

New Head-Fier
All genres of music and using Q701's right now.  Knowing these are hard to drive HF's and the Lyr is very a strong amp plus the reviews make me believe it is a good fit. I plan on getting the 6BZ7 tubes and a set of the original ones.  

Secondary thought is when I start to add more HF the Lyr would be a good amp to have?? .

It seems my only other option that is a good match from doing research is the M-Stage...

I know alot of people have the Lyr so hoping for feedback before I order.

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 11
Lyr will drive cattle and herd cats, so yes, it is an excellent amp if you're expanding your HF arsenal.  6BZ7s are great tubes, and will bring out the best in your music collection, well until you roll tubes.  

Remember, the one who dies with the most HFs and tubes...WINS!
atsmile.gif

CONGRATS on the new amp, you'll be pleased!

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Lyr will drive cattle and herd cats, so yes, it is an excellent amp if you're expanding your HF arsenal.  6BZ7s are great tubes, and will bring out the best in your music collection, well until you roll tubes.  

Remember, the one who dies with the most HFs and tubes...WINS!
atsmile.gif

CONGRATS on the new amp, you'll be pleased!

So do we die because we bought tubes instead of food? 

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for the quick feedback, just wanted to confirm my research

TUBES  >  FOOD 
biggrin.gif

Well, music is food for the soul. :p

Honestly, the Lyr is the best bang for your buck amp under $750 IMO. Enjoy.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 11
I think you would have to go above 750 and it depends upon the tubes used and the source. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #8 of 11
$750 is good enough for a combo: Shiit Lyr & Siemens & Halske CCa grey getter. I'm wondering which tier you could put it on regards to sound wise.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 11
I am enjoying the Lyr with the Siemens early 60's 6922. Then recently, I picked up a D getter 1957 Amperex NOS grey shield and quite rare. Now to find a mate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back