About to get my first set of "real" cans
Feb 26, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #17 of 24
I had the DT770's for a while. They have HUGE bass. Too much for me and I damaged my ears lol and got so annoyed by them I had to sell them. Other than my own "personal" problems they are awesome. Amazing isolation and sound. Definetely for a Bass head!

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #18 of 24
Hey chinspecial, didn't see you made a thread here also
smily_headphones1.gif

The 250ohm are said to be even bassier but the mids aren't as good, according to Skylab the 80ohm pro version sounds better than the 250ohm and the newer 2005 model.

The 80ohm version when I had mines ran really well without an amp, and with the amp the difference wasn't that noticeable anyways through my modded X-fi.

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #19 of 24
Hey! I thought you would be on here too, lol. Well thanks for the advice. Now I have a dilemma though, I was given an offer I almost can't refuse for the RP-21's. What would you guys do in my situation (saving more money is always better, but I'm willing to spend if necessary)?

Either the DT770's/80 for the best price I could find, or this offer: a pair of RP21s w/ the beyer pleather pads and mogami high def cable for $100.

I can't decide.
frown.gif
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #20 of 24
Go for the RP-21's They are also a very good choice, and a more portable than the DT770's. Also, the pads and cable make the deal especially good.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for the RP-21's They are also a very good choice, and a more portable than the DT770's. Also, the pads and cable make the deal especially good.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's what I was thinking. Also, thanks for all your help, I appreciate you guys making my first experience at head-fi a very nice one.
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #22 of 24
So I got the A & H headphones today and I've got to say they are extremely comfortable. The sound has great bass that is clean, however besides that the sound doesn't have the clarity on the higher notes as the technics rp-dj1200A. I know many ppl dont respect the technics but I trust my ear. Maybe it is the fact that the technics seal better on the ear since they are supra-aural, and they use the 40mm driver. I always find headphones with the larger divers to have a harsher sound. Also the Build quality of Allen & heath is exceptional and can swivel to many different shapes which is perfect. I thought these would be better than my friends Technics and I want to try the Sennheiser hd-25. Besides that I dont know what to really look into. Any thoughts? Im not into AKG. Maybe ultrasones? They do not have to be DJ headphones. upto $300

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #23 of 24
k701smile.gif
Good for you. You went with your instinct. Maybe, if you can give us some impressions, it would give us a better idea on the sound?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back