About To Buy The HD280's
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 15
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Electronic, House, Trouse, Trance, Electro House, DnB, Dubstep, Liquid Funk, Glitch Hop etc... :3 I produce, and make electronic music, and I need some new cans, for studio, and live set play, but I am beating my self up over this so much... I want to spend $100, then I don't, and erm -_-... I really want to spend $50 or less, but I feel I can't find anything good for that price.... Just need some convincing... /)

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Electronic, House, Trouse, Trance, Electro House, DnB, Dubstep, Liquid Funk, Glitch Hop etc... :3 I produce, and make electronic music, and I need some new cans, for studio, and live set play, but I am beating my self up over this so much... I want to spend $100, then I don't, and erm -_-... I really want to spend $50 or less, but I feel I can't find anything good for that price.... Just need some convincing... /)

I was just suggesting that headphone because it is known to be worth about 4x its price. I dont know much about $50 headphones. Hope someone comes along and helps you. Good luck!

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
I was just suggesting that headphone because it is known to be worth about 4x its price. I dont know much about $50 headphones. Hope someone comes along and helps you. Good luck!

Thanks bro... I just don't see spending $100 on some monitoring headphones, cause it's not like I am trying to get quality out of them... I just want simple, flat freq headphones, for studio use, and live set play..

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 15
If you want a headphone that's actually flat or close, I don't suggest those at all.
That's if they're REALLY a clone of the Kicker HP541.

Not much to suggest for under $50 that's flat. There's the AKG K44, but you have to EQ the heck out of it.

If I were you i'd say up a little more and try to get an open boxed K240 Studio. They retail for $100, but often can be found for $75.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
If you want a headphone that's actually flat or close, I don't suggest those at all.
That's if they're REALLY a clone of the Kicker HP541.

Not much to suggest for under $50 that's flat. There's the AKG K44, but you have to EQ the heck out of it.

If I were you i'd say up a little more and try to get an open boxed K240 Studio. They retail for $100, but often can be found for $75.

See that's the thing... I want to spend $100 on can's but I don't have that, and won't for a while... I have been mastering with SteelSeries 7H's O___O GAH!!! So I think the 8323's will do a better job, aye?

I could $57 next day these things, so that's $50 total right there... But they prob do sound 10000x better than my SteelSeries cans...

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 15
Okay, so I am going to buy this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9298&seq=1&format=2

Doesn't look to bad, aye :3

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #14 of 15
I would suggest something else than the HD 280's. They are not much of an enjoyment for me. I have owned them for a few years and had heavy usage with them in my production studio. Very lifeless and narrow sounding as far as I am concerned. They are however relatively flat sounding which can be a plus for mixing tracks in the studio. The mid bass IMO is non-existent. The highs are a little dull. 

Sorry, just figured I would add my two cents.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
I would suggest something else than the HD 280's. They are not much of an enjoyment for me. I have owned them for a few years and had heavy usage with them in my production studio. Very lifeless and narrow sounding as far as I am concerned. They are however relatively flat sounding which can be a plus for mixing tracks in the studio. The mid bass IMO is non-existent. The highs are a little dull. 

Sorry, just figured I would add my two cents.

I just ordered the Monoprice 8323's with a 10ft mobile cable :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back