About Apple IEMs on eBay...
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Menasor

New Head-Fier
Wondering why so many auctions on ebay don't come with box or manual. Anything to look out for in regards to fakes?

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menasor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wondering why so many auctions on ebay don't come with box or manual. Anything to look out for in regards to fakes?

Those are the fakes.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Not necessarily...

If they come in the triangular case with the capsule full of tips, then they are likely genuine.
However, they are also likely refurbished.

From what i have gathered, you can tell a refurbished one from a brand new one, from whether it has mesh caps or not. In both cases of refurbished AND new, retail packaging may or may not be included.

it looks like the average ebay price for refurbished models (meshcap-less) is about $35 today, though 3 weeks ago it was at $55, with a small number. comes and goes.

I bought mine on ebay, and it was new. (had mesh caps), and according to the seller, it was a leftover from a gift basket at a corporate meeting.

It is also genuine, as my dad has a apple-store bought one, to which i compared mine to. The difference was nominal, probably because at the time min had about 10 minutes on it, versus my dad's had hundreds of hours.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily...

If they come in the triangular case with the capsule full of tips, then they are likely genuine.
However, they are also likely refurbished.

From what i have gathered, you can tell a refurbished one from a brand new one, from whether it has mesh caps or not. In both cases of refurbished AND new, retail packaging may or may not be included.

it looks like the average ebay price for refurbished models (meshcap-less) is about $35 today, though 3 weeks ago it was at $55, with a small number. comes and goes.

I bought mine on ebay, and it was new. (had mesh caps), and according to the seller, it was a leftover from a gift basket at a corporate meeting.

It is also genuine, as my dad has a apple-store bought one, to which i compared mine to. The difference was nominal, probably because at the time min had about 10 minutes on it, versus my dad's had hundreds of hours.

Can you tell me which seller you got yours from? I also ran into an auction that said it was a gift basket leftover... Thanks!

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menasor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you tell me which seller you got yours from? I also ran into an auction that said it was a gift basket leftover... Thanks!

7dime and lovesuck are confirmed sellers of genuine ADDIEMs. See if they are currently stocking them.

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Case isn't a good indicator of authenticity. Some people bought the real deal and replace the ADDIEM with knockoff for reselling.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Ok thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I know which sellers to get legit ones from.
smily_headphones1.gif

Still torn between the IE-7M and the ADDIEM though. But I prefer neutral highs, neutral mids, and a little emphasis on bass. Looks like the IE-7M's would be closer to what I want.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7dime and lovesuck are confirmed sellers of genuine ADDIEMs. See if they are currently stocking them.

This is the truth. I bought from lovesuck, and got a great pair of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back