Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread
May 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #286 of 571
May 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #287 of 571
Any other nice bits of gear on show in Monaco?

Lots of interesting stuff at the show! Though I think speakers/headphones are the easiest to evaluate in these kind of show I was impressed by the Total Dac room. They were playing the d1-twelve their top of the line composed of two monoblocs and a specialized reclocker. That was really great with smooth and very detailed sound. I think it has similar sound characteristics to that of our beloved DP-777 though it costs way more! 

At the AMR room I got a chance to listen to the iFi product line with iDSDnano, micro iDSD, iTube, iCan driving a pair of Audeze LCD3 and they really produced very good sound for the price, rich and involving. 

May 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #289 of 571
Has anyone compared the Invicta with the DP-777?

May 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #290 of 571

Lots of interesting stuff at the show! Though I think speakers/headphones are the easiest to evaluate in these kind of show I was impressed by the Total Dac room. They were playing the d1-twelve their top of the line composed of two monoblocs and a specialized reclocker. That was really great with smooth and very detailed sound. I think it has similar sound characteristics to that of our beloved DP-777 though it costs way more! 

At the AMR room I got a chance to listen to the iFi product line with iDSDnano, micro iDSD, iTube, iCan driving a pair of Audeze LCD3 and they really produced very good sound for the price, rich and involving. 

Thanks for your impressions - I didn't like the ican when I tried it, but it was v1, so maybe the latest  version is better.

I run the LCD-3's straight from the balanced output of the DP-777, using the internal volume control.  Sounds amazing, :)

May 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #291 of 571
  Thanks for your impressions - I didn't like the ican when I tried it, but it was v1, so maybe the latest  version is better.

I run the LCD-3's straight from the balanced output of the DP-777, using the internal volume control.  Sounds amazing, :)

Glad to know that you have found such an amazing sound with a very down sized set-up. I believe that the strenth of the DP-777 lies also in its versatility and the very good pre functionality!

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #292 of 571
My AMR DP-777 has arrived. My first impression is that ... it is pure music. Wow.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #293 of 571
Still being impressed by the AMR. I think it sounds better with my Audiophelleo1 Pure Power via BNC than my cheaper Oyaide USB cable. What do you folks find to be the best connection? I heard that the JCAT cable sounds very good? 

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #294 of 571
Still being impressed by the AMR. I think it sounds better with my Audiophelleo1 Pure Power via BNC than my cheaper Oyaide USB cable. What do you folks find to be the best connection? I heard that the JCAT cable sounds very good? 
+1 for the Audiophilleo1 + purepower. I use that with my Eximus DP1, it is constantly impressing me.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #295 of 571
I believe AMR recommended usb as their best connection. I think JCAT usb cable was recommended by some Dp777 owners earlier in the thread.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #296 of 571
Froger, I am aware of that. But many users reported that different USB cables produced different results, which suggest that USB implementation may not be as great as claimed by AMR. My own ears suggest the Audiophellio is better. Might be my crappy USB cable - I don't know.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #297 of 571
The USB implemtation in the DP-777 is one of the best I've heard to date.  I for one have not heard any difference in USB cables, I know others have.  The USB implentation is very stable.  

I have not heard any of the other ports thus far.  

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #298 of 571
My AMR started not outputting a signal to my amp about three weeks ago. I had always kept it in standby mode when not in use, but noticed if I turned it completely off when not in use it worked fine. As of Monday this week it hasn't been outputting any sound even from another source such as a CD player connect with an optical cable. Any of you guys have any idea as to what the problem might be? 

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #299 of 571
  My AMR started not outputting a signal to my amp about three weeks ago. I had always kept it in standby mode when not in use, but noticed if I turned it completely off when not in use it worked fine. As of Monday this week it hasn't been outputting any sound even from another source such as a CD player connect with an optical cable. Any of you guys have any idea as to what the problem might be? 

The DP-777 has a reset process.  I don't know what it is right now.  You can contact Darren the US rep.  He can help you.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #300 of 571

The DP-777 has a reset process.  I don't know what it is right now.  You can contact Darren the US rep.  He can help you.

Thanks Darryl. I called and left him a message yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back